2014 German Grand Prix
|Race 10 of 19 in the 2014 Formula One season|
The layout of the Hockenheimring
|Date||20 July 2014|
|Official name||2014 Formula 1 Großer Preis Santander von Deutschland|
|Location||Hockenheimring, Hockenheim, Germany|
|Course||Permanent racing facility
4.574 km (2.842 mi)
|Distance||67 laps, 306.458 km (190.433 mi)|
|Time||1:19.908 on lap 53|
The 2014 German Grand Prix (formally known as the 2014 Formula 1 Großer Preis Santander von Deutschland) was a Formula One motor race that took place on 20 July 2014. After being held at the Nürburgring GP-Strecke in 2013, the race returned to the Hockenheimring near Hockenheim in the German state of Baden-Württemberg, which last held the race in 2012. It was the tenth round of the 2014 Formula One season, and marked the 75th running of the German Grand Prix, and the 61st time the race has been run as a round of the Formula One World Championship. The race was won by Nico Rosberg who started from pole. The event was noted for poor fan turnout. 
Two weeks before the race, the FIA announced an immediate ban on the Front-and-Rear Interconnected suspension system (commonly abbreviated as FRIC), effective as of the German Grand Prix, arguing that the FRIC system qualified as a movable aerodynamic device under Article 3.15 of the technical regulations.
Following a failure in his Mercedes' right front brake disc, Lewis Hamilton lost the control of his vehicle and was sent to the tyre wall of the left-handed Sachs Kurve. He was consigned to start 20th on the grid, his team mate Nico Rosberg snatching the pole. The crash left Hamilton "ok but sore", and he managed to participate on Sunday.
|5||3||Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull-Renault||1:18.117||1:17.855||1:17.273||5|
|6||1||Sebastian Vettel||Red Bull-Renault||1:18.194||1:17.646||1:17.577||6|
|8||26||Daniil Kvyat||Toro Rosso-Renault||1:18.530||1:18.103||1:17.965||8|
|9||27||Nico Hülkenberg||Force India-Mercedes||1:18.927||1:18.017||1:18.014||9|
|10||11||Sergio Pérez||Force India-Mercedes||1:18.916||1:18.161||1:18.035||10|
|13||25||Jean-Éric Vergne||Toro Rosso-Renault||1:18.496||1:18.285||13|
|16||44||Lewis Hamilton||Mercedes||1:18.683||no time||20 2|
|107% time: 1:23.065|
|NC||9||Marcus Ericsson||Caterham-Renault||no time3||PL3|
- ^1 — Esteban Gutiérrez received a three place grid penalty as a result of an accident with Pastor Maldonado in the previous British Grand Prix.
- ^2 — Lewis Hamilton received a five-place grid penalty for a gearbox change.
- ^3 — Marcus Ericsson failed to set a lap time in Q1. He was later penalised with having to start from the pit lane and having to serve a 10 second stop and go penalty within the first three laps of the race, because his team failed to cover and seal his car before curfew and therefore breached Parc Fermé regulations.
Standings after the race
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- "World Motor Sport Council". FIA.com. Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. 4 December 2013. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- Coulthard, David; Benson, Andrew (21 July 2014). "Lewis Hamilton must accept racing gods". BBC Sport. BBC. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- Richards, Giles (20 July 2014). "Nico Rosberg wins F1's German Grand Prix with Lewis Hamilton third". The Guardian (Guardian Media Group). Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- Parkes, Ian (20 July 2014). "Nico Rosberg wins German Grand Prix as Felipe Massa crashes out in Hockenheim and Lewis Hamilton secures third spot". Daily Mail (DMG Media). Press Association. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- Allen, James (8 July 2014). "How much will an FIA ban on FRIC suspension affect the order in F1?". James Allen on F1 (James Allen). Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- Galloway, James (20 July 2014). "2014 German GP Qualifying: Nico Rosberg on home pole after Lewis Hamilton crash". SKY Sports. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Qualifying Results". Formula1.com. Formula One World Championship Limited. 5 July 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "2014 FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND". 20 July 2014. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "FIA Stewards Decision — Document No. 59". FIA.com (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile). 6 July 2014. http://22.214.171.124/f1-championship/f1-2014/f1-2014-09/Formula%20One%20British%20Grand%20Prix%202014%20Document%20-%2059.pdf. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "FIA Stewards Decision — Document No. 31". FIA.com (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile). 20 July 2014. http://126.96.36.199/f1-championship/f1-2014/f1-2014-10/Formula%20One%20German%20Grand%20Prix%202014%20Document%20-%2031.pdf. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "FIA Stewards Decision — Document No. 32". FIA.com (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile). 20 July 2014. http://188.8.131.52/f1-championship/f1-2014/f1-2014-10/Formula%20One%20German%20Grand%20Prix%202014%20Document%20-%2032.pdf. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2014 German Grand Prix.|
2014 British Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
2014 Hungarian Grand Prix
2013 German Grand Prix
|German Grand Prix||Next race:
2015 German Grand Prix