|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2026 2027 2028 – 2029 – 2030 2031 2032|
|Ab urbe condita||2782|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||戊申年 (Earth Monkey)
4725 or 4665
— to —
己酉年 (Earth Rooster)
4726 or 4666
|- Vikram Samvat||2085–2086|
|- Shaka Samvat||1951–1952|
|- Kali Yuga||5130–5131|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 41
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 118
|Thai solar calendar||2572|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2029.|
2029 (MMXXIX) will be a common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2029th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 29th year of the 3rd millennium , 29th year of the 21st century, and 10th and last year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- April 13 – The asteroid 99942 Apophis (previously better known by its provisional designation 2004 MN4) will pass within 30,000 km (18,600 mi) of the Earth, very briefly appearing as bright as 3rd magnitude. A possibility exists that Apophis could go through a 400 m wide "keyhole" on this pass which would put it on a collision course with the Earth in 2036.
- December 20 – The December 2029 lunar eclipse, the second of two Metonic twin eclipses, will occur. The first of the twin eclipse pair was the December 2010 lunar eclipse, occurring on December 20–21, 2010. The twin eclipses are separated by 19 years.
- Raymond Kurzweil predicts machine intelligence will be capable of passing the Turing test by this year.
- The digital time capsule 'A Message From Earth' reaches its destination on the planet Gliese 581 c.
- Intel predicts the performance of supercomputers to reach zettaflops scale.
- NASA's New Horizons spacecraft is scheduled to leave the solar system.
- J.F.K. Assassination files to be released to the public. 
Computer and video games
- Deus Ex (2000): JC Denton's "assigned birth date" is March 17.
- Shadow of the Ninja, also known as Kage and Blue shadow, the events unfold of Emperor Garuda taking over, and the ninjas overthrowing him.
- Perfect Cell by Mobigame (2010) is based upon the collision of the asteroid Apophis with the Earth in 2029.
- Gekitotsu Dangan Jidōsha Kessen: Battle Mobile (激突弾丸自動車決戦バトルモービル, "Mobile Kessen Battle Bullets Car Crash") a Super Famicom vertically-scrolling action video game from System Sacom.
- The Terminator (1984): One terminator and a man, a T-800 and Kyle Reese, are sent back in time from 2029 to 1984 to, respectively, kill and protect a woman called Sarah Connor.
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991): Two Terminators, a T-800 and a T-1000, are sent back in time from 2029 to 1995 to, respectively, protect and kill John Connor as a ten year old child.
- The ending of the film Death Becomes Her (1992) is set in this year.
- Ghost in the Shell (1995)
- In the 2001 remake Planet of the Apes, the main character is from 2029 on board a USAF spaceship orbiting near Saturn.
- In RoboCop (1987): A police officer known as Alex J. Murphy is brutally killed by a gang of murderer's and rebuilt the following year as a cyborg.
- Six Feet Under ("Everyone's Waiting", 2005): Keith Charles is shot and killed by robbers seizing the contents of his armored truck.
- Race to Mars, a fictional show about a manned expedition to Mars, takes place between 2029 and 2030.
- Second Robotech War, Robotech Masters attack Earth.
- Guilty Crown, year when the virus "Apocalypse Virus" spreads and plunges Japan into a state of emergency in an chaos known as the "Lost Christmas"
- Marshall Eriksen from How I Met Your Mother opens his wife (Lily Aldrin)'s death letter on November 1st, 2029, despite her not being dead.
- In The Exploration Generation by Spencer Murray, Stella Knowles comes from 24 September 2029 when she crash-lands on the 31 August 2009.
- SkyandTelescope.com - News from Sky & Telescope - Asteroid 2004 MN4: A Really Near Miss!
- Kurzweil, Raymond (2005). The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology. New York: Viking Press. p. 200. ISBN 978-0-670-03384-3. OCLC 57201348.
- "IDF: Intel says Moore's Law holds until 2029". Heise Online. 2008-04-04.
- "Japanese title". superfamicom.org. Retrieved 2008-04-29.