252d Combat Communications Group
|252d Combat Communications Group|
|Active||1953 – present|
|Branch||Air National Guard|
|Part of||Washington Air National Guard|
|Garrison/HQ||Camp Murray, Tacoma, Washington|
The 252d Combat Communications Group (252 CCG) is a unit of the Washington Air National Guard at Camp Murray, Tacoma, Washington. It is assigned to the 194th Regional Support Wing. The 252d has squadrons at Camp Murray, and two geographically separated units at Fairchild Air Force Base.
The 252d Combat Communications Group provides mobile communication capabilities at home during state emergencies and while deployed around the world.
The 252nd Communications Group was activated at Geiger Field in Spokane, Washington, on 1 April 1953. It was redesignated as the 252d Communications Group (Mobile) in October 1960. In March 1962, the 252d relocated from Geiger Field to the Four Lakes Communications Station, a former Nike missile site near Cheney, Washington. In June 1971, the 252d closed operations at Four Lakes and moved to Paine Air National Guard Base in Everett, Washington.
- Established as 252nd Communications Group, 1 April 1953
- Redesignated 252d Communications Group (Mobile), 1 October 1960
- Redesignated 252d Combat Communications Group, ???
- Gained by Air Force Communications Command, 1953-1990
- Gained by Tactical Air Command, 1990-1992
- Gained by Air Combat Command, 1992-2009
- Gained by Air Force Space Command, 2009-present
- 143d Information Operations Squadron, ???-present
- 194th Intelligence Squadron
- 215th Engineering and Installation Squadron (at Paine Air National Guard Base), ???-present
- 242d Combat Communications Squadron (at Fairchild Air Force Base),???-present
- 244th Combat Communications Squadron, 1956-2006
- 256th Intelligence Squadron (at Fairchild Air Force Base), 1971–present
- 262nd Network Warfare Squadron (at Joint Base Lewis-McChord), ???-present
- Geiger Field, Spokane, Washington, 1953-1962
- Four Lakes Communications Station, Cheney, Washington 1962-1971
- Paine Air National Guard Base, Everett, Washington, 1971-???
- Camp Murray, Tacoma, Washington, ???-present
- Colonel Steven Hilsdon (c. 2012)
- "Team Fairchild". Fairchild Air Force Base. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "194th Regional Support Wing". Washington Air National Guard. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- Field, Virgil (1967). The Official History of the Washington National Guard. Volume VII: Washington National Guard in Post World War II. Camp Murray, Washington: Washington National Guard State Historical Society. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- Morgan, Mark (March 2002). "Til They Glow Tour 1/02". Ed Thelen's Nike Missile Web Site. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Air Guard Group to Be Reorganized". Spokane Daily Chronicle. 7 April 1971. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- Adam Ashton (7 October 2012). "WA National Guard focusing on cyber security". The News Tribune. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "244th Combat Communications Squadron". Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- 262nd Network Warfare Squadron
- 194th Regional Support Wing: 143d CBCS Change of Command
|This United States Air Force article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|