|Centuries:||7th century – 8th century – 9th century|
|Decades:||680s 690s 700s – 710s – 720s 730s 740s|
|Years:||712 713 714 – 715 – 716 717 718|
|715 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1468|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1129 – -1128|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||甲寅年 (Wood Tiger)
3411 or 3351
— to —
乙卯年 (Wood Rabbit)
3412 or 3352
|- Vikram Samvat||771–772|
|- Shaka Samvat||637–638|
|- Kali Yuga||3816–3817|
|Igbo calendar||-285 – -284|
|Japanese calendar||Wadō 8 / Reiki 1
|Minguo calendar||1197 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1258|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 715.|
Year 715 (DCCXV) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. The denomination 715 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- September 26 – Battle of Compiègne: Ragenfrid defeats Theudoald, becoming Mayor of the Palace of Neustria and Burgundy.
- Empress Gemmei of Japan is succeeded by Empress Genshō.
- A major earthquake hits Turkey.
- Umayyad Caliph al-Walid I is succeeded by Sulayman ibn Abd al-Malik.
- Rebellion and death of Qutayba ibn Muslim, the Arab conqueror of Transoxiana, in the Ferghana Valley.
- May 19 – Pope Gregory II succeeds Pope Constantine as the 89th pope.
- August 11 – Germanus is translated from the bishopric of Cyzicus to the Patriarch of Constantinople.
- Nechtan mac Der-Ilei, King of the Picts invites the Northumbrian clergy to establish Christianity amongst the Picts.
- Winfrid (later Saint Boniface), a Wessex-born monk, sets out on a missionary expedition to the Frisians.
- Saint Winnin, an Irish monk, lands at the mouth of the River Garnock, where he establishes a community or cell of monks, termed cella or "Kil" in Gaelic.
- The Umayyad Mosque is built over the Basilica of Saint John the Baptist in Damascus.
- April 9 – Pope Constantine (b.664)
- August (possibly also in early 716) – Qutayba ibn Muslim, Umayyad conqueror of Transoxiana (b. 669)
- Muhammad bin Qasim, Umayyad conqueror of the Sindh and Punjab regions (b. c.695)
- 715, 718 or 721 – Khan Tervel of Bulgaria (b. c.675)