A Voice for Men
|Motto||Humanist Counter-Theory in the Age of Misandry|
|Purpose||Men's issues, Anti-feminism|
A Voice for Men (often known as AVfM, AVFM or AV4M) is a United States-based online activist organization and publication that was founded in 2009 by Paul Elam. A part of the men's rights movement, it calls its activism "Men's Human Rights Activism", and is the largest and most influential men's rights site. Its editorial slant is strongly critical of feminism, charging feminists of being misandrist in their mindset.
To counter what it sees as systemic bias against men, A Voice for Men has created what it claims to be a safe place for men to express their anger, moderating only against threats of violence. Critics of the site believe it is merely a reactionary venue against feminism, espousing the bigotry it claims to eschew, and its content has been described as misogynistic and controversial.
In 2014, AVFM launched a website called White Ribbon, adopting graphics and language from the White Ribbon Campaign, which was established in 1991. It was harshly criticized by Todd Minerson, Executive Director of White Ribbon, who stated that the AVFM White Ribbon website is a "misguided attempt to discredit others" and urged its supporters to "not to be fooled by this copycat campaign".
In addition to radio shows and front page articles, it also features forums. It also features a group called the Judicial Accountability Committee, which seeks to investigate and publicize cases of men it views as having been falsely accused by the criminal or family court system.
- Gheciu, Alex Nino (3 November 2013). "Are Men the New Underclass?". Chill Magazine. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- Shire, Emily (25 October 2013). "A Short Guide to the Men's Rights Movement". The Week. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Rekai, Mika (1 August 2013). "Men’s rights attracts angry young men". MacLean's. Rogers Digital Media. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Kelly, R. Tod (20 October 2013). "The Masculine Mystique". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Pry, Alyssa; Valiente, Alexa (16 October 2013). "Women Battle Online Anti-Women Hate From the 'Manosphere'". ABC News. Retrieved 8 December 2014. warning: includes auto-loading video
- Abbey-Lambertz, Kate (29 May 2014). "Controversial Men's Rights Conference Sparks Backlash". Huffington Post. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- Filipovic, Jill (24 October 2014). "Why Is an Anti-Feminist Website Impersonating a Domestic Violence Organization?". Cosmopolitan (magazine). Hearst Communications. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- McGrath, Charles (7 January 2011). "The Study of Man (or Males)". New York Times. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Jones, Clay (23 October 2014). "White Ribbon Copycat Statement". WhiteRibbon.ca.
- Trotter, Bill (4 April 2011). "Man convicted of raping wife seeks venue change in retrial". Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "An Introduction to the Men's Movement". BlogTalkRadio. 2 March 2011. Retrieved 6 December 2014.