International release DVD cover
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Edited by||V. T. Vijayan|
|9 December 2005|
Aaru (Tamil: ஆறு) (English: Six) is a 2005 Indian Tamil language action-masala film written and directed by Hari. It stars Suriya and Trisha Krishnan in lead role. The film's score and soundtrack were composed by Devi Sri Prasad. The film released on 9 December 2005 and was declared as an average success at the box office. The film was also dubbed and released in Telugu under the same title. The movie dubbed in Hindi as The Return of Ghajini.
- Surya as Aarumugham 'aka' Aaru
- Trisha as Mahalakshmi
- Vadivelu as Sumo (Sundi Mothiram)
- Ashish Vidyarthi as Vishwanath
- Kalabhavan Mani
- Malavika Avinash
- Aishwarya as Saroja
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Reddy
- Thambi Ramaiah
- Delhi Ganesh
- Nizhalgal Ravi
- Madan Bob
- Chaams (possibly uncredited)
Aarumugam, nicknamed Aaru (Surya Sivakumar), is a thug and dealmaker with a band of boys handpicked from the slums of Chennai. Aaru’s mentor Viswanathan (Ashish Vidyarthi) protects him, because Aaru gives him the violent undercover he needs. When Vishwanthan declares war on his bitter rival Reddy (Jaiparakash Reddy), Aaru assists him. But Vishwanthan betrays him, resulting in the deaths of Aaru's subordinates. Aaru thus realises Viswanathan's true, evil nature and vows to destroy his power. There is also a subplot involving Aaru's romance with the college student Maha (Trisha Krishnan).
- Director – Hari
- Music – Devi Sri Prasad
- Production – Saran
- Distributor – Saran
- Fights – Rocky Rajesh
After directing Ayya, Director Hari announced his next project Aaru with Surya, film was launched and shooting was started in July 2005. Director Saran made his debut as a producer in this film by floating a production house "Gemini Productions".
|Soundtrack album by Devi Sri Prasad|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Devi Sri Prasad chronology|
The soundtrack was composed by Devi Sri Prasad and released by Star Music in India and Ayngaran in other international territories. The album was made up of 6 tracks. The audio was launched in a soft manner.
- Soda Bottle – Shankar Mahadevan, Saaki Mukhesh
- Paakatha – Tippu, Sumangali
- Freeya Vudu – Mukhesh, Karthikeyan, Vadivelu, Jassie Gift, Giresh
- Thottutea – Karthik, Sunitha Sarathy
- Nenjam Enum (Bit) – Gopika, Poornima
- Dhrogam – Hariharan
- Nenjam Enum – Srinivas, Kalpana
The soundtrack was re-recorded for the Telugu release but retained most of the original singers.
The film was released in 9 December 2005 alongside Vetrivel Sakthivel, Sandakozhi. The film was given an "A" certificate by the Indian Censor Board due to excessive violence. After the stupendous success of Ghajini, Surya has an opening similar to as Aaru releases with approximately 171 prints in Tamil Nadu, the opening weekend tickets for Surya’s Aaru have been sold out in Chennai city theatres.
Sify wrote:"Aaru offers neither insight nor content-just unmitigated violence".
- "Aaru Telugu Movie Review – cinema preview stills gallery trailer video clips showtimes". IndiaGlitz. 11 December 2005. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Events – 'Aaru' Movie Launch". IndiaGlitz. 4 August 2005. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Aaru to hit floors on 28 July – Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 20 July 2005. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Tamil movies :It will be Aaru After Ghajini". Behindwoods.com. 7 September 2005. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Hari directs Charan's film". Behindwoods. 10 May 2005. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- Moviebuzz (November 12, 2005) 'Aaru' audio launched! sify.com