Traditional architecture of the village
|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
Abyaneh (Persian: ابيانه, also Romanized as Ābyāneh, Ābiāneh, and Abyāneh) is a village in Barzrud Rural District, in the Central District of Natanz County, Isfahan Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 305, in 160 families.
Abyaneh is a tiered village meaning houses are built so that the roofs of the ones built lower on the slope serve as the courtyard of the higher ones. In some parts of the village, there are up to four tiers of houses. Characterized by a peculiar reddish hue, the village is one of the oldest in Iran, attracting numerous native and foreign tourists year-round, especially during traditional feasts and ceremonies.
An Abyunaki woman typically wears a white long scarf (covering the shoulders and upper trunk) which has a colorful pattern and an under-knee skirt. The inhabitants of Abyaneh have for thousands of years maintained their culture, customs and costumes, wearing outfits that are said to have been worn in Sassanid times. The dialect spoken by Abyunaki people is believed to have been the language of ancient Persia.
On top of the village sits the ruins of a Sassanid era fort.
Since June 2005, the village has been undergoing archaeological excavations for the first time ever, as a result of an agreement between Abyaneh Research Center and the Archaeology Research Center of the Iranian Cultural Heritage and Tourism Organization (ICHTO).
- Abyaneh can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3051725" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (EXCEL) on 2011-11-11.
- "Abyaneh Overview". toiran.com. Retrieved 2015-02-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Abyaneh.|
- Abyaneh Magazine
- Hotel Abyaneh Website
- Abyaneh Website
- Welcome to Abyaneh
- Shapour Bahrami, Abyaneh, Iran, Photo Set, flickr
- HORIZON, Abyaneh, Photo Set, flickr
- Anyaneh Village (video), PressTV, 4 April 2010. (7 min)
- Abyaneh by Iman Dowlatshahi
|This Natanz County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to archaeology in the Near East is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|