Braga at the 2008 Tribeca Film Festival
|Born||Alice Braga Moraes
April 15, 1983
São Paulo, Brazil
Alice Braga Moraes (born April 15, 1983) is a Brazilian actress. She has appeared in several Brazilian films, most notably as Angélica in 2002's highly acclaimed City of God and as Karina in 2005's Lower City. She has also starred in many Hollywood movies such as I Am Legend (2007), Repo Men, Predators (both 2010), The Rite (2011) and most recently Elysium (2013).
Alice Braga Moraes was born in São Paulo, Brazil. She was raised in a Catholic family. Her exposure to the world of acting came at an early age. Both her mother, Ana Braga, and aunt, Sônia Braga, are actresses, and Braga often accompanied them to film sets. She began her career by appearing in school plays and commercials. Her first commercial was for yoghurt when she was eight years old. As a teenager she began pursuing roles in television and movies. She speaks fluent Portuguese, Spanish and English.
In 1998, Braga debuted in a Portuguese-language short called Trampolim, and then returned to her schooling. Her big break came in 2002 when she was cast as Angélica in the critically acclaimed film City of God, for which she received a Best Supporting Actress nomination from the Cinema Brazil Grand Prize. She took more time off and attended university while appearing in a pair of well-regarded South American films—2005’s Lower City and 2006’s Only God Knows—and in the popular Brazilian television program Carandiru, Outras Historias. Braga made her English-language debut in 2006 with a starring role with Brendan Fraser, Mos Def, and Catalina Sandino Moreno in Journey to the End of Night, which premiered at the 5th Annual Tribeca Film Festival. In 2007, Braga was cast in the Will Smith blockbuster I Am Legend and the drama Crossing Over, which stars Harrison Ford, Ray Liotta, and Ashley Judd. She also appeared in the 2008 David Mamet film Redbelt alongside Chiwetel Ejiofor. Braga portrayed Beth in the science-fiction film Repo Men. She starred as Isabelle in Antal Nimrod's Predators, which was shot and produced by Troublemaker Studios and Robert Rodriguez. In 2013, Braga appeared as Frey Santiago in Neill Blomkamp's Elysium.
|2002||City of God||Angélica|
|2005||Carandiru, Outras Histórias||Vânia||TV series|
|2006||Only God Knows||Dolores|
|2006||Journey to the End of the Night||Monique|
|2007||The Milky Way||Júlia|
|2007||Rummikub||Filha paulista||Short film|
|2007||I Am Legend||Anna Montez|
|2008||Blindness||Woman with Dark Glasses|
|2009||Crossing Over||Mireya Sanchez|
|2009||Cabeça a Prêmio|
|2011||Rite, TheThe Rite||Angelina Vargas|
|2012||As Brasileiras||Mirtes||Episode: "A Indomável do Ceará"|
|2012||On the Road||Terry|
|2012||City of God - 10 Years Later||Herself|
|2014||Kill Me Three Times||Alice Taylor||In post-production|
- [dead link]
- "Alice Braga & Colin O'Donoghue Talk Devils, Exorcisms & Sir Anthony Hopkins". Horror.com. 2011-01-24. Retrieved 2014-08-03.
- Friedman, Roger (May 5, 2003). "Jimmy Fallon: Exiting Saturday Night Live?". Fox News.
- "Star Alice Braga On Special Effects, Adrien Brody's Muscle & Schwarzenegger's Cameo".
- AskMen.com – Alice Braga[dead link]
- "The X-rays Continue With New Repo Men Poster". DreadCentral. Retrieved 2014-08-03.
- "Alice Braga Talks Predators Rating and More". DreadCentral. Retrieved 2014-08-03.
- "Latest 'Predators' Chatter: Hulking Out and Varied Creatures". BloodyDisgusting.
- "Alice Braga Joins Neill Blomkamp’s ‘Elysium’". Slash Film. Retrieved 2014-08-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alice Braga.|
- Alice Braga at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview with Alice Braga, star of 'Lower City' by Peter Fraser, Close-Up Film