Luca Guadagnino (born 1971) is an Italian film director. He rose to notability with the 2005 film Melissa P., and he is a frequent collaborator with Tilda Swinton, including the 2010 film I Am Love.
Life and career
Guadagnino was born in Palermo, and raised in Ethiopia. He gained fame directing Melissa P., based on the scandalous novel by Melissa Panarello. His I Am Love won the prize for best direction at the 2010 Alabarda d'oro film festival. Guadagnino is openly gay.
- Bertolucci on Bertolucci (documentary) 2013 (Directed with Walter Fasano)
- Walking Stories 2013 (Web Series/Ferragamo ads)
- One Plus One 2012 (3.5 min Giorgio Armani ad)
- Here 2012 (15 min Starwood Hotels ad)
- I Am Love 2009
- The Love Factory No. 3 Pippo Delbono – Bisogna morire (documentary) 2008
- Melissa P. 2005
- Cuoco contadino (documentary) 2004
- Lotus (video documentary) 2003
- Mundo civilizado (documentary) 2003
- Tilda Swinton: The Love Factory (documentary short) 2002
- Sconvolto così 2001 short
- L'uomo risacca 2000 short
- The Protagonists 1999
- Qui 1997 short
- Toto, Christian (1 July 2010). "Interview: 'I Am Love' director Luca Guadagnino". The Washington Times. Retrieved 25 October 2010.
- Barnes, Brooks (11 June 2010). "A Guilt Trip That Begot a Partnership". The New York Times. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Halterman, Jim (25 June 2010), Tilda Swinton :: making it up as she goes along, http://www.edgechicago.com, retrieved 24 October 2011