Aloha State Park
|Aloha State Park|
Cheboygan County, Michigan
|Nearest city||Cheboygan, Michigan|
|Area||107 acres (43.3 ha)|
|Governing body||Michigan Department of Natural Resources|
Aloha State Park is a 107-acre (43.3 ha) state park in Cheboygan County, Michigan on the northeast side of Mullett Lake. The park is 6 miles (9.7 km) south of Cheboygan and 25 miles (40 km) from Mackinac City. Average temperature in the summer is 70 °F (21 °C).
Mullett Lake is at the center of the Inland Lakes Waterways; campsites are near the park's boat launch for those traveling this route. The park has 285 campsites available from May 1 - November 1. There is a 15-day stay maximum, with allowances for 8 people/site and 2 cars or trucks/site. Visitors are permitted 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
The park was created in 1923, with Cheboygan County initially purchasing eight acres of abandoned railroad land, and thereafter purchasing another twenty acres of vacant land in order to reach the 28 acre minimum then required for the establishment of a state park.
- "Aloha State Park - Michigan DNR". Michigan Department of Travel. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- Matthew J. Friday, The Inland Water Route, page 43, 2010.
- Aloha State Park - Michigan DNR
- Official Travel and Tourism Site
- Protected Planet (World Database on Protected Areas) - Aloha State Park
|This Michigan state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|