|Born||1981 (age 31–32)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Play Body Awareness (2008) Play Circle Mirror Transformation (2009) Play The Aliens (2010)Play The Flick (2013)
Her play Body Awareness was staged Off-Broadway by the Atlantic Theater Company in May and June 2008. The play featured JoBeth Williams and was nominated for a Drama Desk Award and an Outer Critics Circle Award.
Circle Mirror Transformation premiered Off-Broadway at Playwrights Horizons in October 2009. and received Obie Awards for Best New American Play and Performance, Ensemble. The play has been nominated for the Drama Desk Award, Outstanding Play and Outstanding Director of a Play, and the cast has been awarded a special Drama Desk Award, Outstanding Ensemble Performances.
Her play, The Aliens, which premiered Off-Broadway at Rattlestick Playwrights Theater in April 2010, was a finalist for the 2010 Susan Smith Blackburn Prize and shared the 2010 Obie Award for Best New American Play with Circle Mirror Transformation. Her adaptation of Anton Chekhov's Uncle Vanya premiered at the Soho Repertory Theatre in June 2012 and was called a "funky, fresh new production" by The New York Times reviewer. Her play The Flick premiered at Playwrights Horizons in March 2013. The New York Times reviewer wrote: "Ms. Baker, one of the freshest and most talented dramatists to emerge Off Broadway in the past decade, writes with tenderness and keen insight..."The play received the Obie Award for Playwriting in 2013.
She teaches in the MFA program at Stony Brook Southampton.
- Body Awareness, world premiere at Atlantic Theater Company, June 2008
- Circle Mirror Transformation, world premiere at Playwrights Horizons, October 2009
- The Aliens, world premiere at Rattlestick Playwrights Theater, (Off-Broadway) April 2010
- Nocturama (reading, May 10, 2010 at Manhattan Theatre Club)
- The Flick, world premiere at Playwrights Horizons, March 2013
- McGee, Celia.ProfileNew York Times, May 25, 2008
- "Review of 'Body Awareness'"New York Times,
- Jones, Kenneth."Acclaimed Circle Mirror Transformation Gets Another Extension, But Must Close Jan. 31" playbill.com, January 2010
- "Internet Off-Broadway Database listing, 'Circle Mirror Transformation'" lortel.org, retrieved May 18, 2010
- Gans, Andrew."Circle Mirror Transformation, Aliens, Metcalf and More Win OBIE Awards" playbill.com, May 17, 2010
- Gans, Andrew."Drama Desk Award Nominations Announced; Ragtime and Scottsboro Top List" playbill.com, May 3, 2010
- Hernandez, Ernio."Baker's World Premiere, Vermont-Set The Aliens Opens Off-Broadway" playbill.com, April 22, 2010
- Isherwood, Charles. "Theater Review. 'Uncle Vanya,' Adapted by Annie Baker, at Soho Rep" The New York Times, June 18, 2012
- Isherwood, Charles. "Theater review. 'The Flick,' by Annie Baker, at Playwrights Horizons" The New York Times, March 12, 2013
- Gans, Andrew. [ http://www.playbill.com/news/article/178152-Detroit-Grimly-Handsome-Eisa-Davis-John-Rando-Shuler-Hensley-and-More-Are-Obie-Winners "'Detroit', 'Grimly Handsome', Eisa Davis, John Rando, Shuler Hensley and More Are Obie Winners"] playbill.com, May 20, 2013
- "2008 Sundance Institute Theatre Lab fellows" Playbill.com
- United States Artists Official Website 
- Jones, Kenneth."Nellie Bly Musical Will Sing in MTC Reading Series; Schreck, Mensch, Baker and More Get Voice" playbill.com, April 15, 2010
- New York Times review of The Aliens
- TimeOut New York profile
- TimeOut New York review of Body Awareness
- Casting Complete for Goldfarb and Baker Plays at Playwrights Horizons", playbill.com, Jones, Kenneth, June 2009
- New Yorker Profile