|Type||Limited liability partnership|
|Key people||Patrick McMahon, Senior Partner|
|Products||Residential, commercial, rural property & services|
|Revenue||£33.3 million (2010)|
Bidwells LLP is a multi-disciplined firm of property and agribusiness consultants offering property services and consultancy in the U.K. Bidwells has 12 offices throughout the U.K, 9 of which are located in England and 3 in Scotland. Property Week ranks Bidwells in its Top 20 Property Consultants, making it largest independent property consultants' outside of London.
Key Dates for Bidwells
- 1839 Charles Muriel Bidwell commences business in Ely.
- 1866 Charles Bidwell Jnr joins the firm.
- 1874 Charles Bidwell Snr dies.
- 1880 Cambridge office in Mill Lane opens.
- 1905 Charles Bidwell Jnr becomes President of the RICS.
- 1920 Norman Hodgkinson becomes a Partner – The firm moves into commercial work.
- 1921 Charles retires from the business and is succeeded by his two sons, John and Philip.
- 1922 Charles Bidwell dies. 1935 Purchase of Trimley Estate for Trinity College.
- 1939 Francis Pemberton joins the firm.
- 1940 Francis Pemberton manages the Trimley Estate.
- 1941 Francis Pemberton moves to Cambridge.
- 1955 The firm moves to Kings Parade. 1968 New office opened at Trumpington.
- 1976 Francis Pemberton knighted.
- 1981 Tim Lawson becomes Senior Partner.
- 1985 London Office opens. 1987 Jas W. King acquired at Perth.
- 1988 Stone Cross Office opens.
- 1989 John Tweddle becomes Senior Partner. Norwich Office opens.
- 1990 Ipswich Office opens.
- 1992 Inverness Office opens.
- 1994 James Buxton becomes Managing Partner.
- 1995 Anthony Hart becomes Managing Partner in Scotland. Northampton Office opens.
- 1999 The Professional Services Division is formed. London Office moves to Pollen Street. Partnership Structure is changed.
- 2000 James Buxton becomes Senior Partner. West Highlands Estates Office joins Bidwells
- 2003 Acquisition of Drake and Partners Opening of Milton Keynes Office
- 2004 Acquisition of Carpenter Planning Consultancy New offices open in Chelmsford and Saffron Walden
- 2005 Acquisition of TCC Architects & Bret Hallworth & Co Ltd
- 2008 Acquisition of rural surveying practice Faulkners. Building Consultancy win two highly commended David Urwin Awards
- 2009 Bidwells convert to Limited Liability Partnership (LLP). Bidwells' Planning team maintained position within the Top 20 Planning Consultancies in the UK. The Firm received Property Adviser of the Year in the Eastern Region Award from the Estates Gazette
- 2010 Patrick McMahon takes over as Senior Partner. Finlay Clark takes over as Managing Partner of Scotland.
- 2011 Milton Keynes Office moves to John Ormond House. Oxford Office opens. Sir Francis Pemberton dies at 95. Sir Francis had a huge influence on the early years of Bidwells including working with Trinity College on the creation of the Cambridge Science Park.
- 2014 Bidwells celebrates its 175th anniversary
- Investment & Acquisitions
- Sales, Letting
- Residential, Commercial & Rural
- Property & Estate Management
- Fund Management
- Building Consultancy
- Planning Services
- Agribusiness Consultancy