Brendan Brazier, Venice Beach, CA.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Brendan Brazier (born March 1, 1975 in Vancouver, British Columbia) is a Canadian endurance athlete, author, advocate of a vegan diet, and creator of the Vega line of food products and supplements. Brazier is a former professional Ironman triathlete (1998–2004). He is the author of The Thrive Diet (2007), Thrive Fitness (2009), and Thrive Foods: 200 Plant-Based Recipes for Peak Health (2011).
He has marketed the Vega line of plant-based food products and supplements, several of which have won health-food-industry awards.
Brazier presented a lecture that was recorded and included as part of the curriculum for a certificate program at Cornell University through its online division, eCornell. Entitled “The Plant-Based Diet and Elite Athleticism", his lecture is based on his books and is a component of a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition created by T. Colin Campbell.
Students for Sustainability
A keynote speaker  on Canada’s largest environmental tour, Brazier traveled across Canada in October 2008. The Students for Sustainability tour spanned the country from St. John’s, Newfoundland to Victoria, BC. Making stops at 21 universities, it featured David Suzuki, Stephen Lewis, and Maude Barlow who spoke about general environmental issues, while Brazier spoke of the significance raw food production has on the environment. He advocated a plant-based diet as the most environmentally friendly way to feed the world.
Named as one of the Top 40 Under 40 most influential people in the health industry by Natural Food Merchandiser, Brazier has also twice been nominated for Manning Innovation Awards for the creation of Vega. He was named one of the "25 most fascinating vegetarians"  in 2007 by VegNews magazine, Brazier gave the keynote address at the annual conference of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) that year.
In a 2009 poll conducted by VegNews magazine, he was voted by the readers as “Favorite Vegetarian Athlete.” 
- The Thrive Diet / Thrive Fitness home page (Canadian / UK edition)
- Thrive / Thrive Fitness home page (US edition)
- "Vegan Protein Powder". I Love Eating Vegan. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
- "Students for Sustainability - Campus Tour > Speakers'". Studentsforsustainability.ca. 2008-10-02. Retrieved 2012-03-29.
- November 3, 2009 (2009-11-03). "The 2009 Veggie Awards!". Vegnews.com. Retrieved 2012-03-29.
- Naturals, Sequel. "Thrive Fitness: The Vegan-Based Training Program for Maximum Strength, Health, and Fitness (9780738213620): Brendan Brazier: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-03-29.
- Elejalde-Ruiz, Alexia. (November 17, 2010). "Vegan diet is best for training, triathlete says". Chicago Tribune
- Kaminer, Michael. (May/June 2009). "One-on-One with Brendan Brazier". Vegetarian Times. 368, p. 32-33. ISSN 01648497