Brendan Brazier, Venice Beach, CA.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Brendan Brazier (born March 1, 1975, Vancouver, British Columbia) is a Canadian endurance athlete, author, advocate of a vegan diet, and creator of the Vega line of food products and supplements. Brazier is a former professional Ironman triathlete (1998–2004). He is the author of The Thrive Diet (2007), Thrive Fitness (2009), and Thrive Foods: 200 Plant-Based Recipes for Peak Health (2011).
Brazier has won triathlons at Olympic distance, Half Ironman and full Ironman. He has set the Bigfoot Half Ironman course record twice and was twice Canadian 50k champion, in 2003 and 2006.
- Thrive Fitness (US version) was published in December, 2009
- "The Thrive Diet"
- Elejalde-Ruiz, Alexia. (November 17, 2010). "Vegan diet is best for training, triathlete says". Chicago Tribune
- Kaminer, Michael. (May/June 2009). "One-on-One with Brendan Brazier". Vegetarian Times. 368, p. 32-33. ISSN 01648497
- Brendan Brazier’s personal page
- Thrive in 30 home page
- Plant-Based Certificate Program at eCornell
- Vega home page
- Vega Community board
- Nome Athlete webpage