Celery salt is a seasoned salt used as a food seasoning, made from ground seeds, which may come from celery or its relative lovage. It may also be produced using dried celery or seed oleoresin.
Celery salt is an ingredient of the Bloody Mary cocktail and the Caesar cocktail. It is also commonly used to season Chicago-style hot dog, the New York System wiener, salads, and stews. It can also be used to liven up a coleslaw. It is a primary ingredient in Old Bay brand seasoning.
- Celery Salt | Ingredients, Nutritional information & Usage Ideas | Schwartz
- Celery | Bart Ingredients
- Culinary Herbs - Ernest Small. p. 177.
- Coffee and Tea Industries and the Flavor Field . 1914. p. 270.
- Nitrosamines and Cancer
- Herbs and Spices, Buy Herbs, Spices & Seasoning - Seasoned Pioneers
- List of ingredients provided at: http://www.oldbay.com/Products/Old-Bay-Seasoning.aspx
- Sodium Nitrite in Meat | Mark's Daily Apple
- Nitrates: Facts About Sodium Nitrate
|This condiment-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|