Chronicle of the Years of Fire
|Chronicle of the Years of Fire|
original film poster
|Directed by||Mohammed Lakhdar-Hamina|
|Written by||Rachid Boudjedra
|Distributed by||Arab Film Distribution|
|Running time||177 minutes|
Chronicle of the Years of Fire (Arabic: وقائع سنين الجمر, translit. Chronique des Années de Braise) is a 1975 Algerian film directed by Mohammed Lakhdar-Hamina. It depicts the Algerian War of Independence as seen through the eyes of a peasant.
The film won the Palme d'Or prize at the 1975 Cannes Film Festival. It was also selected as the Algerian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 48th Academy Awards, but was not accepted as a nominee.
- Yorgo Voyagis - Ahmed
- Mohammed Lakhdar-Hamina - Le conteur fou
- Leila Shenna - La femme
- Cheikh Nourredine - L'ami
- François Maistre - Le contremaître de la carrière
- List of submissions to the 48th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Algerian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "Festival de Cannes: Chronicle of the Years of Fire". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-04-27.
- Margaret Herrick Library, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
|This article related to Algerian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|