|Area||0.12 sq mi (0 km2)|
|- land||0.12 sq mi (0 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||1,225.0 / sq mi (473 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Coatsburg, Illinois|
Coatsburg is named for one of its founders, Robert Coats.
Coatsburg is located at (40.032493, -91.159561).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 0.12 square miles (0.31 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 226 people, 88 households, and 63 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,855.7 people per square mile (727.2/km²). There were 101 housing units at an average density of 829.3 per square mile (325.0/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 98.23% White, 0.88% from other races, and 0.88% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.98% of the population.
There were 88 households out of which 36.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 58.0% were married couples living together, 12.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 28.4% were non-families. 25.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.57 and the average family size was 3.06.
In the village the population was spread out with 29.6% under the age of 18, 9.7% from 18 to 24, 26.5% from 25 to 44, 23.5% from 45 to 64, and 10.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 33 years. For every 100 females there were 71.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 72.8 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $36,250, and the median income for a family was $41,042. Males had a median income of $32,250 versus $14,861 for females. The per capita income for the village was $15,026. About 3.8% of families and 9.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under the age of eighteen and 8.3% of those sixty five or over.
Notable people born in Coatsburg
- Dr. William S. Gray (1885–1960), educator and literacy advocate, co-author of the Dick and Jane readers
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Coatsburg village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved May 7, 2013.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 85.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Places: Illinois". 2010 Census Gazetteer Files. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.