|Also known as||Asero|
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Developed by||R.J. Nuevas|
|Directed by||Mark A. Reyes
and Heart Evangelista
sung by Janno Gibbs
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English, Japanese|
|No. of episodes||90|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Location(s)||Metro Manila, Philippines
United Arab Emirates
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Original channel||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original run||July 14, 2008– November 14, 2008|
Codename: Asero (lit. Codename: Steel), previously known as Asero, is a sci-fi-thriller Philippine drama produced and broadcast by GMA Network starring Richard Gutierrez, and Heart Evangelista, based on an original concept by R.J. Nuevas. 
The story tells of two warring secret agencies: The Advocate to protect the world, and the more sinister The Empire. The series started airing on July 14, 2008.
The series focuses on a young man named Grecko Abesamis (Gutierrez) who will do anything to protect his family. But unbeknownst to his family, Grecko lives a double life as the talented Agent Phoenix of The Advocate. It is a secret agency whose mission is to get rid of lawbreakers in the world. The Advocate's number one opponent is the secret agency called The Empire whose ultimate goal is to destroy The Advocate.
The story begins when The Advocate sends Agent Phoenix on a mission. During his mission, Grecko meets the lovely Emily San Juan (Evangelista) in Dubai. During this quest, The Empire finds out Grecko's true identity as Agent Phoenix and comes up with a plan to retaliate.
The Empire kidnaps Grecko's sister and only agrees to release her if he can find and deliver an important software program called Project: Hercules needed by the wicked The Empire agency. Grecko finally agrees and goes on the deadly mission. The mission proved to be lethal to this talented secret agent. He was barely breathing when a Japanese scientist tries to rescue him. Grecko undergoes a delicate procedure, an operation that will cause all of his memory to disappear.
Now, he is unable to remember his life as Grecko or his life as The Advocate's star agent. The Japanese scientist turned him into a powerful cyborg Codenamed Asero.
- Richard Gomez as Ibsen Abesamis / Agent Zeus
- Janno Gibbs as Geron Aguilar / Agent Rock Star
- Caridad Sanchez as Lola Bertita
- Carmina Villaroel as Lady Q
- Paolo Contis as Dave Aviejo
- Michael V. as Bodjie X
- Chynna Ortaleza as Fran Guevarra
- Rhian Ramos as Claire Morales
- Ehra Madrigal as Dayze Tagimoro
- Joanne Quintas as Gelyn Abesamis
- Francine Prieto as Aureana
- Marky Cielo† as Agent Troy Motimor
- Bubbles Paraiso as Minnie
- T-mur Lane Lee as Agent F4
- Schai Sigrist as Agent Pigtails
- Alfred Marquez as Agent B
- Karen delos Reyes as Cleo
- Chariz Solomon as Gigi
- Martin delos Santos as Tam-Tam
- FIRST READ ON PEP: Richard Gutierrez never considered leaving GMA-7 pep.ph
- Heart is where Echo is not Manila Standard Today
- Free again journal.com.ph
- Richard Begins Training for Zorro igma.tv
- Heart from Codename: Asero to Luna Mystika
- GMA-7’s sci-fi series "Codename: Asero" airs on July 14 pep.ph
- TV Ratings (July 14): "Codename: Asero" and "Iisa Pa Lamang" open with a bang!
- TV Ratings (Nov. 14-17): Luna Mystika weaves magic on its pilot episode TV Ratings