||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Born||Richard Frank Gomez
April 7, 1966
|Occupation||Actor, Model, Athlete, Television presenter, Director|
Richard Gomez (born April 7, 1966) is a Filipino actor, model, athlete, television presenter, and director. He is one of the famous actors in Philippine Cinema. He graduated from the University of the Philippines Open University (Associate in Arts, 2009). He is one of ABS-CBN's contract actors
Biography and career
Gomez was raised by his grandmother. Before his entry in show business, he worked in at McDonalds. His dream came true when his modelling career began. After modelling, he pursued an acting career. His mother is the screen siren of 60s Philippine cinema, Stella Suarez. His cousin is Stella Suarez, Jr. aka Pinky Suarez, who was adopted by his parents and raised as his sibling. His father has Irish grandfather and Spanish great-great grandfather].
He excels in sports like fencing and basketball. His movie career started when he was cast as the love interest of Maricel Soriano in the 1984 movie Inday Bote. His relationship with Sharon Cuneta was highly publicised during that time as well as with his former girlfriend Dawn Zulueta. He also had a relationship with Patricia Borromeo, a model, but his girlfriend died in 2002 due to non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. In 1998, he married Lucy Torres with whom he has a child. In 2002, GOMA transferred to GMA 7 via his first GMA show, Ang Iibigin Ay Ikaw. His first GMA sitcom, Lagot Ka Isusumbong Kita aired in 2003 to 2005.
On May 1, 2008, Richard and Lucy celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary (April 28, 1998, St. Peter and Paul Parish Church, Ormoc City, Leyte). He is fondly called "Goma". He is an organizer for "Goma Cup" and MAD (Mamamayan Ayaw sa Droga), a campaign against use of illegal drugs and a model of Bench with his wife and other celebrities. He was a Gold Medalist in fencing at the 2005 Southeast Asian Games. Goma has his own restaurant called "FELIX" where he's one of the owners in Greenbelt 5 Makati. Richard is the host of the Philippine edition of Family Feud which aired on GMA Network. He is a GMA Network contract actor.
After his last movie Filipinas in 2003, Gomez makes his comeback in the indie film Bente which stars Senator Jinggoy Estrada and Iza Calzado. Gomez is planning to run for the congressman of 4th district of Leyte, but he was disqualified and briefly replaced by his wife Lucy, after Dingdong Dantes replaces him as Family Feud host.
Gomez returned to drama in Claudine with Claudine Barreto aired on Channel 7.
Gomez returns to hosting via a new weekend variety show, P.O.5. aired on TV5 (formerly ABC 5). This was his returning to Kapatid Network after 17 years since his last appearance on his former sitcom, "Tondominium".
Gomez returns to drama with My Driver Sweet Lover formerly aired on TV5, with his co-stars Danita Paner and fellow former Kapuso star JC De Vera, with veteran actors Elvis Presley of the Philippines Eddie Gutierrez and Asia's Queen of Songs Pilita Corrales.
Gomez returns again to drama for TV5 for his former show Mga Nagbabagang Bulaklak with his new co-star former Kapuso mainstay Arci Munoz and former beauty queen and current actress Ruffa Gutierrez was recently aired channel 5.
Gomez returned to ABS-CBN 2 after 10 years since his last teleserye Your Honor a first Pinoy courtroom drama in 2001. He is part of the defunct teleserye Walang Hanggang which began on January 16, 2012. It is also his reunion project with his former girlfriend Dawn Zulueta
Gomez returned to TV5 for his defunct game show, The Biggest Game Show In The World Asia with his main host veteran comedian Joey De Leon, this was Gomez's 2nd over-all game show hosting job since his last one Family Feud Philippines formerly aired on GMA in 2009. His new game show was launched around February 2012.
Goma returned again to TV5 for his new comedy drama tawa serye, Madam Chairman where he plays an ex-boyfriend of Madam Chairman played by Megastar Sharon Cuneta and was currently aired in 2014.
Gomez started his political career in the 2007 when he ran as a senator but lost.
Gomez decided to run as a congressman in 2010 but was disqualified by the Commission on Elections (Comelec) because of his failure to sufficiently establish residency in Ormoc City. Lucy Torres-Gomez who replaced Gomez won.
Currently, Gomez is the Chief of Staff of his wife Lucy Torres-Gomez representing Leyte's 4th District. He is running for mayor of Ormoc City in the May 2013 local election.
- Kapag Langit Ang Humatol
- Nagsimula Sa Puso
- Hanggang Saan ang Tapang mo
- Ang Siga at Ang Sosyal 1992
- Lumayo Ka Man Sa Akin 1992
- Hihintayin Kita Sa Langit 1991 as Gabriel
- Buburahin Kita sa Mundo 1991
|2014–present||Quiet Please!: Bawal ang Maingay||Host||TV5|
|2014||Madam Chairman||Ex-Boyfriend of Madam Chairman|
|Gandang Gabi Vice||Guest|
|Walang Hanggan||Marco Montenegro|
|The Biggest Game Show In The World (Asia)||Host||TV5|
|2011||My Binondo Girl||Yong Shu Synery||ABS-CBN|
|100 Days To Heaven||Tagabantay|
|Mga Nagbabagang Bulaklak||Apollo Ortega||TV5|
|2010–2011||My Driver Sweet Lover||Delfin|
|2009||All About Eve||Frederico Gonzales||GMA Network|
|Codename: Asero||Ibsen Abesamis/Agent Zeus|
|The Sweet Life||Guest||QTV|
|2007–2008||MariMar||Renato Santibañez||GMA Network|
|2006–2007||Captain Barbell||Viel Villan / The General|
|2006||Encantadia: Pag-ibig Hanggang Wakas||Raquim|
|2004–2005||Forever in My Heart||Raphael Cruzado||GMA Network|
|2002–2003||Lagot Ka, Isusumbong Kita||Ric|
|Ang Iibigin Ay Ikaw||Waldo Sandoval|
|2001||Your Honor||ABS CBN|
|1999–2001||Richard Loves Lucy||Richard|
|1998–2007||S Files||Host||GMA Network|
Awards and nominations
- FAMAS Award for Best Actor for Filipinas - Nominee
- FAMAS Award for Best Actor for Dahas - Won
- FAP Award for Best Actor for Dahas - Won (tied with Fernando Poe Jr.'s Kahit Butas ng Karayom)
- Gawad Urian Award for Best Actor for Dahas - Nominee
- Gawad Urian Award for Best Actor for Waiting - Won
- Gawad Urian Award for Best Actor for Ikaw Ang Lahat Sa Akin - Nominee
- Gawad Urian Award for Best Actor for Saan Ka Man Naroroon - Won
- Gawad Urian Award for Best Actor for Nagsimula Sa Puso - Nominee
- Gawad Urian Award for Best Actor for Hihintayin Kita Sa Langit - Won
- Metro Manila Film Festival 2003 for People's Choice Awards for Best Actor for Filipinas - Won
- Metro Manila Film Festival 1995 for Best Actor for Dahas - Won
- Star Awards for Movies: Actor of the Year for Dahas in 1996 - Won
- Star Awards for Television 2009: Best Game Show Host "Family Feud Philippine Edition" - Won
- 2005 Southeast Asian Games for fencing (Men's Team Épée) - Gold Medalist
- Metro Manila Film Festival 2011 for Ellen Lising Male Face of the Night - Won
- GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards 2013 for All Time Favorite Love Team on Movies and TV (with Dawn Zulueta) - Won
- Richard Gomez at the Internet Movie Database
- Richard, Lucy Gomez celebrate 10th wedding anniversary, 05/02/2008