|Studio album by Stanley Turrentine featuring Shirley Scott|
|Recorded||August 30, 1968
Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs
|Length||39:30 original LP|
|Stanley Turrentine chronology|
|Shirley Scott chronology|
Common Touch is an album by jazz saxophonist Stanley Turrentine featuring Shirley Scott recorded for the Blue Note label in 1968 and performed by Turrentine with Shirley Scott, Jimmy Ponder, Bob Cranshaw and Leo Morris. The CD reissue added one bonus track recorded in a different session and originally released on Ain't No Way (LT 1095, 1980). The other four tracks from said, out of print LP may be found on the CD reissue of Easy Walker.
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow, awarded the album 3 stars and states "Although not essential (no one seems to sweat much and none of the tempos are above a slow-medium pace), this lazy date has its pleasurable moments".
- All compositions by Stanley Turrentine except as indicated
- "Buster Brown" - 5:25
- "Blowin' in the Wind" (Bob Dylan) - 5:55
- "Lonely Avenue" (Doc Pomus) - 8:07
- "Boogaloo" (Shirley Scott) - 6:25
- "Common Touch" - 6:21
- "Living Through It All" - 7:17
- "Ain't No Way" (Aretha Franklin, Carolyn Franklin) - 11:03 Bonus track on CD
Recorded on May 10, 1968 (7) and August 30, 1968 (1-6).
- Stanley Turrentine - tenor saxophone
- Shirley Scott - organ
- Jimmy Ponder - guitar
- Bob Cranshaw - electric bass
- Leo Morris - drums (tracks 1-6)
- Ray Lucas - drums (track 7)