|Predecessor(s)||Schenker AG, Railion, EWS|
|Products||Transportation and logistics|
|Parent||Deutsche Bahn AG|
DB Schenker is a wholly owned subsidiary of Deutsche Bahn AG that focuses on logistics. The company, created by reorganisation and rebranding of Deutsche Bahn subsidiaries, comprises a logistics division encompassing air, land, and sea freight, and a rail division made up from European rail freight companies.
Since December 2007 DB Schenker has been the freight logistics subsidiary of Deutsche Bahn. DB Schenker combines all transport and logistic activities of Deutsche Bahn (DB Schenker rail and DB Schenker logistics) employing over 94,600 staff spread across about 2,000 locations in about 130 countries and now is the biggest freight operator in the UK after buying out English Welsh and Scottish Railway (EWS).
Schenker AG and its many subsidiaries handle worldwide logistics operations including sea and air-freight, and is part of the DB Schenker organisation.
The European rail branch of the company is split into five units:
- Region West: France, Spain and the United Kingdom
- Region Germany/Central: Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Switzerland
- Region East: Bulgaria, Poland, Romania and Russia
- Intermodal (responsible for pan-European business)
- Automotive (responsible for pan-European business)
- "Profile: Global Logistics Expertise with a Strong Rail Foundation". About DB Schenker. DB Schenker. 30.
- About DB Schenker dbschenker.com
- "DB joint venture to operate Etihad Rail freight trains". Railway Gazette International. Retrieved 01 July 2013.
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|