|• Total||376.23 km2 (145.26 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,219/km2 (3,160/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|Website||Official Map of Daudkandi|
Daudkandi is located at. It has 77102 units of house hold and total area 376.23 km².
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Daudkandi has a population of 458503. Males constitute 50.44% of the population, and females 49.56%. This Upazila's eighteen up population is 215409. Daudkandi has an average literacy rate of 29.9% (7+ years), and the national average of 32.4% literate.
Upazila Chairman: Mrs. Parul Akter
Vice Chairman: K M Khalil
Woman Vice Chairman: Mrs. Parul Akter
Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO):
Daudkandi has 22 Unions/Wards, 281 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 467 villages.
- Khondaker Mostaq Ahmad: 5th President of Bangladesh (15 August 1975 to 3 November 1975)
- Engineer Abdur Rashid - former minister
- Major General (Retd.) Shubid Ali Bhuiyan - Member of the Parliament, Chairman Parliamentary Committee of Energy and Power
- Dr. Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain -Former minister of Power & Energy & Health and Family Welfare
- "Population Census Wing, BBS.". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
|This Chittagong Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|