|Owner||Procter & Gamble|
Dawn is a brand of dishwashing liquid owned by Procter & Gamble. Introduced in 1973, it is the best-selling brand of dishwashing liquid in the United States. Besides being used for dishwashing purposes, Dawn products are also used to remove grease from other items, such as animal fat spilled onto highways, and oil on animals, such as during the Exxon Valdez and Deepwater Horizon oil spills.
Procter & Gamble has donated thousands of bottles of detergent to clean wildlife and has run advertisements that promote Dawn as the best product to use when cleaning animals that have been affected by oil spills. International Bird Rescue has researched multiple cleaning agents and found Dawn to be the most appropriate for cleaning birds soiled by oil.
Dawn expanded its three-decade commitment to helping rescue wildlife with the launch of its Junior Wildlife Champions education and activity program, asking teachers and parents to help Dawn engage one million elementary school-aged children during the 2011-12 school year.
- Fairy (brand), a similar dishwashing detergent produced by Procter & Gamble sold in the United Kingdom
- Levere, Jane L. (2002-07-31). "A dishwashing liquid capitalizes on cutting the grease on dishes -- and the oil on ducks.". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Dawn on the highway". Star-News. 1998-05-06.
- "P&G ships dish liquid to help". Forbes. 2010-05-03.
- "Dawn dishwashing detergent saves wildlife". Washington Post. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- "Dawn(R) Launches a Junior Wildlife Program". P&G. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|