|Type||Public kabushiki gaisha|
|Traded as||TYO: 2432|
|Industry||mobile portal, e-commerce, internet advertising, Social Gaming, global business|
|Key people||Tomoko Namba Founder
Isao Moriyasu CEO
Makoto Haruta CFO
Shuhei Kawasaki Director
|Revenue||1.8 billion USD (FY 2012)|
Tomoko Namba (13.09%)
Japan Trustee Services Bank (6.61%)
DeNA Co., Ltd. (株式会社ディー・エヌ・エー Kabushikigaisha Dī-Enu-Ē ) (pronounced "DNA") is a provider of mobile portal and e-commerce website based in Japan. It owns the Mobage platform, which is one of the most popular cell phone gaming platforms in Japan. It also operates many other services, including a popular e-commerce website DeNA Shopping (formerly: Bidders).
- March: DeNA, Limited founded in Setagaya Ward, Tokyo
- August: Relocates to Shibuya Ward, Tokyo and incorporates to become DeNA Co.
- November: Launches the online auction service Bidders
- February: Launches recycle and reuse information site Oikura
- March: Partners with Index Corporation to launch a mobile auction site Mobaoku.
- February: Transfers to the First Section of the TSE
- February: Relocates to Yoyogi in Shibuya Ward of Tokyo
- April: Establishes Niigata Customer Support Center in Bandai, Niigata Prefecture
- October: Oikura transferred to Proto Corporation in an asset purchase
- June: E★Everystar, novel and comic posting community, launched in partnership with NTTDoCoMo
- September: Shutters Mobage Town for PC, begins serving PC Mobage users with beta version of Yahoo! Mobage on Yahoo! JAPAN
- October: Officially launches Yahoo! Mobage
- October: Acquires U.S. game developer ngmoco
- March: Consolidates Mobage Town and Plus+ (ngmoco's social gaming network) into a single global brand, Mobage
- June: Japan Fair Trade Commission issues a cease-and-desist order against DeNA, finding that it violated article 19 the anti-monopoly act by pressuring or forcing game developers to release titles only for the Mobage platform
- June: Founder and CEO Tomoko Namba stepped down to focus on her husband's recovery from an illness. Namba remained on the board as a director, with COO Isao Moriyasu being appointed President and CEO as well as general manager of social media, and the former CFO Makoto Haruta becoming the Director and Chairman.。
- October: Reaches agreement with TBS Holdings to purchase the professional baseball team Yokohama Baystars
- November: Formally announced intent to acquire a 66.92% stake in Yokohama BayStars Baseball Club, Inc., which operates Yokohama BayStars professional baseball team in Japan’s Central League, for 6.5 billion Japanese yen from Tokyo Broadcasting System Holdings, INC. and BS-TBS, INC.
- November: Following the June 2011 cease-and-desist order, GREE and KDDI file suit against DeNA, claiming 1.5 billion yen in damages
- December: 11 of the 12 professional baseball club owners approve DeNA's acquisition of the Yokohama BayStars, with Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles dissenting. Yokohama DeNA BayStars comes into existence the following day, after transfer of club shares from Tokyo Broadcasting System Holdings.
- March: Announced partnership with Disney to develop and promote mobile social games.
- June: DeNA subsidy DeNA-China announced partnership with Chinese social network Renren to bring mobile games to Renren users using DeNA's Mobage social gaming platform.
- October 23: Released VoIP+messaging service, comm
- January 10: Announced social music service, "Groovy", along with a music partnership with SonyMusic, Universal Music Group, and several others.
- January 10: New logo revealed as well as the consolidation of the names of various services, including renaming Bidders as DeNA Shopping and Skygate as DeNA Travel
- January 10: Introduced the new slogan, "Delight and Impact the World"
- Mobaoku Co., Ltd.
- PAYGENT Co., Ltd.
- EVERYSTAR Co., Ltd.
- MiniNation, Inc.
- Air Link Co., Ltd.
- DeNA Global, Inc.
- Shanghai Zongyou Network Technology Co., Ltd (WAPTX Group)
- IceBreaker U.S., Inc.
- Yokohama DeNA BayStars (from 2012-)
- [dead link]
- モバゲータウンが「Mobage」に サービス名・ロゴ一新して世界展開加速（ITmedia News, 2011February14日）
- 代表取締役及びその他の人事異動に関するお知らせ: DeNA 株式会社ディー・エヌ・エー
- "DeNAが横浜球団買収へ TBSと大筋で合意". 共同通信. 2011-10-19. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- "報道資料『東証への情報開示のお知らせ』". TBSホールディングス 総務局広報部. 2011-11-04. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- "プロ野球への参入について". 株式会社ディ・エヌ・エー. 2011-11-04. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- "DeNA and Renren Form Alliance to Bring Mobage to Smartphone Users in China". 株式会社ディ・エヌ・エー. 2012-06-5. Retrieved 2012-08-07.