Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (April 2013)|
Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City, often abbreviated as DAKC, is a technology park located on Thane–Belapur road near Kopar Khairane in Navi Mumbai, India. Spread over 56 hectares, it was completed in 2002. The city is named after the famous Indian industrialist Dhirubhai Ambani and is owned by the Reliance ADA Group and houses a 24-hour National Network Operations Centre (NNOC) along with more than 13,000 employees working primarily for Reliance Communications division.
This site was earlier owned by ICI and housed the first polyester staple fibre plant in India. Upon acquisition by Reliance, the site was renamed Terene Fibres India Pvt. Ltd (TFIPL). Production facilities at the plant had been moved out of this l
The Campus is partially Wi-Fi enabled (I Block is a complete hot spot) with two HDFC Bank ATMs and one ICICI Bank ATM located therein. There is also an HDFC Bank branch located within the campus. A Reliance World outlet in the B Block enables employees and visitors to purchase handsets and avail other telephony services.
Other than this, the campus has a huge artificial lake where migratory birds can be found at times. There are temples, fountains, medical facilities, parking lot for over 500 cars, and a helipad within the campus.
DAKC is open round the clock since it also houses the call center for Reliance Communications.
Places named after Dhirubhai Ambani
- Dhirubhai Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Nursing College (KDA-NC) Ambani Knowledge Center
- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology - Gujarat
- Dhirubhai Ambani Solar Park - Jaisalmer district
- Dhirubhai Ambani International School - Mumbai
- Reliance Institute of Life Sciences - Mumbai
- Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Medical Research Institute - Mumbai
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Nursing College (KDA-NC) - Mumbai
- Kokilaben Ambani Hospital Guwahati Centre, Guwahati
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani vidyamandir, Jamnagar
- Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Lodhivali, Raigad district
- Dhirubhai Ambani Memorial - Chorvad
- Jamnaben Hirachand Ambani School, Raigad
- Krishna Godavari Basin Dhirubhai Ambani Block -6