The Agenzia nazionale per le nuove tecnologie, l'energia e lo sviluppo economico sostenibile (ENEA) (National agency for new technologies, Energy and sustainable economic development) is an Italian Government sponsored research and development agency. The agency undertakes research in areas which will help to develop and enhance Italian competitiveness and employment, while protecting the environment.
Initially (1982), the acronym ENEA stood for Ente Nazionale per l'Energia Atomica (National Agency for Atomic Energy)
Their new charter of January 1999 lists the following goals for the agency:
- To undertake initiatives aimed at developing, enhancing and promoting research and innovation, in keeping with Italy’s EU and international commitments in terms of energy efficiency, environmental protection and technological innovation.
- To support the implementation of high-tech production processes, especially by promoting demand for research and technology oriented towards enhancing sustainable development.
- To promote the transfer of technology and developments in the fields of energy efficiency and environmental protection to public administrations and businesses, in keeping with national and EU guidelines.
- To provide, upon request, specialist technical and organisational support to administrations promoting public initiatives at the international, national, regional and local levels, in all the sectors falling within ENEA’s purview.
- Bologna Research Center
- Brasimone Research Center (near Bologna)
- Brindisi Research Center
- Casaccia Research Center (Roma)
- Faenza Research Center
- Frascati Research Center
- Ispra Research Center
- Portici Research Center
- Santa Teresa Research Center
- Saluggia Research Center
- Trisaia Research Center
- ENEA - Official site
- Some specialistic ENEA's research sites:
- CRESCO - Supercomputing and ENEA- Grid Center (Centro computazionale di RicErca sui Sistemi COmplessi)
- Meta-Knowledge Engineering & Management (MKEM): High-Intelligent Socio-Cognitive Systems
- Thermal-Fluid Dynamics
- Biosensors & Bioelectronics - COSMIC: COupling Smart Molecules Into Chips
|This article about an organisation based in Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|