|Birth name||Jesús Emmanuel Acha Martinez|
|Born||April 16, 1955|
|Origin||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Genres||romantic ballad, Latin pop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, musician, producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano|
Emmanuel (born Jesús Emmanuel Acha Martinez, April 16, 1955, in Mexico City) is a Mexican singer who debuted in the 1970s.
Emmanuel's songs are usually ballads, which became popular during the 1980s. His fourth and most successful album to date, Íntimamente (Intimately), was written by the famous Spaniard ballad composer Manuel Alejandro in collaboration with Ana Magdalena. It was released in 1980 and had the following seven hit songs:
- "Todo Se Derrumbó Dentro De Mi" ("Everything Collapsed Inside of Me")
- "Quiero Dormir Cansado" ("I Want to Sleep Exhausted")
- "El Día Que Puedas" ("Whenever You Get a Chance")
- "Con Olor A Hierba" ("With the Scent of Grass")
- "Tengo Mucho Que Aprender De Ti" ("I Have Much to Learn from You")
- "Insoportablemente Bella" ("Unbearably Beautiful") (cover of Hernaldo Zúñiga's 1980 hit)
- "Este Terco Corazón" ("This Stubborn Heart")
The remaining songs on the album are "Esa Triste Guitarra" ("That Sad Guitar"), "Caprichosa María" ("Capricious Maria"), and "Eso Era La Vida" ("That Was Life"), the last of which is the only song on the album not composed by Alejandro-Magdalena.
His follow up albums also enjoyed success with memorable love songs. Worth noting, (among many others) his Ibero-American number one smash hit single "La Chica De Humo" ("The Steam Girl"), a New Wave pop song which became one of the biggest hits throughout 1989, it also became a number one single on the U.S Hot Latin Tracks in the same year. The theme was included on the 1989 album Quisiera. The music video for the song had a constant rotation on the Mexican, Uruguayan and Argentinian music channels and became an eighties classic song in Ibero-America.
Emmanuel continues to tour throughout Latin America backed by bands that have included musicians from the United States, most notably guitarist Dick Smith of (Earth Wind & Fire, Kenny Loggins, and Air Supply).
Emmanuel's son, Alexander Acha, is a professional singer as well.
- 2015: Inédito
- 2007: Retro en Vivo
- 1999: Sentirme Vivo
- 1996: Amor Total
- 1994: Esta Aventura
- 1993: En Gira
- 1992: Ese Soy Yo
- 1990: Vida
- 1989: Quisiera
- 1988: Hay Que Arrimar El Alma
- 1988: Entre Lunas
- 1986: Desnudo
- 1984: Emmanuel
- 1983: En La Soledad
- 1981: Tú y Yo
- 1980: Intimamente
- 1979: Al Final
- 1977: Amor Sin Final
- 1976: 10 Razones Para Cantar
- 2008: Premios TV y novelas (2008)
- 2008: Emmanuel... La trayectoria
- 2008: Más vale tarde
- 2007: Premios TV y novelas (2007)
- 2006: Aún hay más... Homenaje a Raúl Velasco
- 2003: De pe a pa
- 1992: Querida Concha
- 1992: Ese soy yo
- 1987: Emmanuel en Las Vegas
- 1986: Querido amigo
- 1984: Siempre en domingo
- 1984: Emmanuel en Acapulco
- 1983: Emmanuel; si ese tiempo pudiera volver
- 1978: Festival OTI Sang "El y yo" and "Al Final"
- 1977: Variedades de media noche
- 1977: Otra vez Iran Eory
- 2001: La Intrusa (Mexican telenovela) TV series aka "Telenovela"
- 1998: Dance with Me (film) (performer: "Esa triste guitarra")
undefinedwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
Cite error: The named reference
- "Emmanuel Artist Biography by Sandra Brennan - Awards". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2013-12-17.