30 May 1970 |
|Alma mater||Glendale Community College (California) (B.A.)
National University (California) (M.B.A.)
|Occupation||President of Internazionale, Owner of D.C. United and Persib Bandung, Businessman|
Erick Thohir (born 30 May 1970) is an Indonesian businessman. He is the president of Italian football team Football Club Internazionale Milano, majority owner of American soccer club D.C. United, and majority owner of Indonesian football club Persib Bandung.
Early and personal life
Erick Thohir was born on 30 May 1970. His father is Teddy Thohir, co-owner of the automotive group Astra International with William Soeryadjaya. His brother, Garibaldi Thohir, is an investment banker. He also has a sister, Rika Thohir. As a child the younger Thohir helped in the family business. Thohir received his master's degree in 1993 in the United States.
In 2001, the Mahaka group bought the newspaper Republika, then facing bankruptcy. Because of Thohir's background in communications, he was chosen to lead the paper. Inexperienced with the world of newspapers, Thohir received support from his father, as well as founder of Kompas Jakob Oetama and founder of Jawa Pos Dahlan Iskan. The Mahaka group later acquired the Chinese-focused newspaper Harian Sin Chew Indonesia, a localization of Sin Chew Daily.
A 2009 report in the Jakarta Globe noted that Thorir's holdings included the lifestyle and sports magazines a+, Parents Indonesia, and Golf Digest, newspapers Harian Sin Chew Indonesia and Republika, the television station JakTV, radio stations GEN 98.7 FM, Prambors FM, Delta FM, and FeMale Radio, as well as numerous advertising, ticketing, entertainment and Web sites. He is also the founder of two charities, the education-oriented Darma Bakti Mahaka Foundation and Dompet Dhuafa Republika. By 2011, he and Anindya Bakrie co-owned the television stations tvOne and antv, as well as the internet news site Viva News.Some sources estimate his net wealth at $25 billion. 
Sports team ownership
After negotiations started post the 2011 NBA All-Star Game with former basketball agent Jason Levien and managing owner Joshua Harris, Thohir became part of the consortia that bought the Philadelphia 76ers. In a consortia that included actor Will Smith, his wife Jada Pinkett Smith, and Levien,
Thohir is currently president of the Southeast Asia Basketball Association and, up to 2006, president of the Indonesian Basketball Association (Persatuan Bola Basket Seluruh Indonesia). He is also owner of the basketball teams Satria Muda BritAma Jakarta and Indonesia Warriors. 
Presidency of Inter Milan
In September 2013, Inter Milan club president and owner Massimo Moratti confirmed that he was in discussions to sell a majority 70% stake in the club to Thohir. On October 15, 2013 after a long negotiation, International Sports Capital, lead by Thohir, became the majority shareholder of Inter, acquiring a 70% stake of the club. On 15 November 2013, the club's general meeting appointed Thohir as new president of Internazionale, replacing Moratti, who will remain with the club as honorary president.
|4.||Nemanja Vidić||Manchester United||
|6.||Yann M'Vila||Rubin Kazan||
|7.||Pablo Daniel Osvaldo||Southampton FC||
|8.||Gary Medel||Cardiff FC||
Total : 27.7 € millions Players marked in bold are currently in the team.
- "Erick Thohir becomes first Asian to own NBA team". The Jakarta Post. 20 October 2011. Archived from the original on 12 January 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- Goff, Steven (11 July 2012). "D.C. United's new investors Erick Thohir, Jason Levien should boost quest for stadium". The Washington Post. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Moratti meets Thohir; First face-to-face for the Indonesian-Inter (28 May 2013). "Moratti vede Thohir. Primo faccia a faccia per l’Inter indonesiana". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). Archived from the original on 30 May 2013. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- Nonto, Albertus Weldison; Soegiarto, Yanto (30 June 2011). "New media magnates". Globe Asia. Archived from the original on 12 January 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- Satwiko, Wimbo (23 October 2011). "Media Magnate Breaks New Ground With Philadelphia 76ers". Jakarta Globe. Archived from the original on 12 January 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- Veda, Titania (22 July 2009). "Indonesian Media Manager a Man On a Mission". Jakarta Globe. Archived from the original on 12 January 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- Veda 2009, Indonesian Media Manager.
- Nonto and Soegiarto 2011, New media magnates.
- Satwiko 2011, Media Magnate Breaks.
- The Jakarta Post 2011, Erick Thohir becomes.
- Goff 2012, D.C. United.
- La Gazzetta 2013, Moratpti vede Thohir.
- "FC Internazionale Milano SpA signs an agreement to open capital to new investors". F.C. Internazionale Milano. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- "Inter, Thohir nuovo presidente nerazzurro. Massimo Moratti sarà presidente onorario". Corriere della Sera. Retrieved 15 November 2013.
- Inter (31 January 2014). "WELCOME TO INTER, HERNANES!". Retrieved 31 January 2014.