June 9, 1985 |
Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
|Sport||Track and field (T12)|
Eva Ngui Nchama (born June 9, 1985]) is a Paralympian athlete from Spain competing mainly in category T12 sprint events. She has competed at three Paralympic Games, 2004 Summer Paralympics, 2008 Summer Paralympics and 2012 Summer Paralympics, and earned a pair bronze medals, both coming at the 2008 Games
Ngui was born on June 9, 1985 in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea. She has albinism, a condition she has had since birth. She moved to Spain in 2003, where she lived in Hospitalet de Llobregat and continued to reside there in 2008.
Ngui is a Paralympian athlete from Spain competing mainly in category T12 sprint events, who started competing in track and field in 2001. She is a member of ISS L'Hospitalet Atletisme, an athletic club in L'Hospitalet.
Around 2008, Ngui spent a year training at the High Performance Centre in Madrid. At that time, she was coached by Manuel Pascua Piqueras. She competed in the 2011 Spanish national championships in Vizcaya. She qualified for and competed in the 2011 IPC Athletics World Championships where she was one of thirty-two competitors representing Spain. Competing at the actual event, she won a bronze medal in the T12 100 meter event.
In 2012, Ngui was a recipient of a Plan ADO €18,000 athlete scholarship with a €3,000 reserve and a €2,500 coaching scholarship. In May 2012, she competed at the Paralympic World Cup in Manchester, earning a third place finish in the 100 meters and another in the 200 meters. Prior to the start of the London Games, he trained with several other visually impaired Spanish track and field athletes in Logroño. In the lead up to the London Paralympics, in July 2012, she competed in a Diamond League race at the Crystal Palace National Sports Centre in London. In May 2013, she competed in the Spanish national championships, where she earned gold medals in the 100 and 200 meter events. In July 2013, she participated in the 2013 IPC Athletics World Championships.
Ngui competed in the 2004 Summer Paralympics in Athens, Greece. There she went out in the semi-finals of the women's 100 metres — T12 event She also competed at the 2008 Summer Paralympics in Beijing, China. There she won a bronze medal in the women's 100 metres — T12 event and a bronze medal in the women's 200 metres — T12 event. Her 200 meter bronze medal came after the Spanish delegation complained that the Angolan runner Evalina Alexandre who finished ahead of her had been assisted by her guide in a way that violated the rules. Upon review, race officials agreed and then award Ngui bronze.  She raced at the 2012 Summer Paralympics and was the 14th runner to finish.
- "Biografías" (in Spanish). Spain: Comité Paralímpico Español. 2012. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Rivera, Almudena (September 9, 2008). "X-Eva Ngui" (in Spanish). Spain: Marca. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- "Cuatro hospitalenses en los Juegos Paralímpicos de Londres" (in Spanish). Spain: Elperiodico.com. Retrieved December 25, 2013.
- "David Casinos, Eva Ngui y Ruth Aguilar buscan el triunfo en el Campeonato de España de Atletismo Paralímpico" (in Spanish). Spain: el heraldo de alcala. 2011. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- "Los medallistas paralímpicos españoles en Pekín lideran a la selección" (in Spanish). Spain: Marca. January 21, 2011. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- "Bronce para España en relevos de discapacitados visuales durante el Mundial de Atletismo Paralímpico" (in Spanish). Spain: cronica social. January 27, 2011. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- "Atletismo.- El relevo masculino 4x100 logra el bronce en los Mundiales Paralímpicos" (in Spanish). Spain: Deportes Online. January 11, 2011. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- "Becas A Entrenadores Del Plan Adop 2012" (in Spanish). Madrid, Spain. 2012. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "Atletas ciegos preparan en Logroño su participación en Londres 2012 — Web de la ONCE" (in Spanish). Once.es. 2008-09-16. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "eva ngui conquista dos medallas de bronce en la copa del mundo paralímpica" (in Spanish). Spain: elEconomista.es. May 12, 2012. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- "Atletas paralímpicos con discapacidad visual se entrenan en Logroño - Canal de Vídeos de" (in Spanish). Spain: Larioja.com. Retrieved December 25, 2013.
- "Eva Ngui ultima su preparación para los Juegos Paralímpicos en la Aviva Diamond League" (in Spanish). Spain: estoesdxt. 20122. Retrieved July 13, 2013. Check date values in:
- "Federación Española De Deportes De Personas Con Discapacidad Física" (in Spanish). Spain: Feddf.es. May 26, 2013. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- "Antonio Andújar y José Martínez Morote competirán en Francia en el Mundial de Atletismo Paralímpico | El Pueblo de Albacete diario digital" (in Spanish). Spain: Elpueblodealbacete.com. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "Eva Ngui is bronze in the 200m" (in Spanish). Spain: El Mundo. September 16, 2008. Retrieved July 13, 2013.