Frank Hagney (1940), in Misbehaving Husbands
March 20, 1884|
|Died||June 25, 1973
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Cause of death
|Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Glendale|
Frank S. Hagney (March 20, 1884 – June 25, 1973) was an Australian actor.
Hagney appeared in more than 350 Hollywood films between 1919 and 1966, but usually his appearances were short and uncredited. Because of his tall and strong appearance, Hagney often played officers or henchmen. He is perhaps best known as Mr. Potters wordless wheelchair pusher in Frank Capras classic It's a Wonderful Life (1946). Frank Hagney was also a guest star on more than 70 television programs such as The Cisco Kid, The Adventures of Kit Carson, The Lone Ranger, The Rifleman, Perry Mason and Daniel Boone. Hagney was married with Edna Shephard.
- Go Get 'Em Hutch (1922)
- Roaring Rails (1924)
- Hogan's Alley (1925)
- The Sea Beast (1926)
- The Fighting Marine (1926)
- One Round Hogan (1927)
- Vultures of the Sea (1928)
- The Charge of the Gauchos (1928)
- Hell Bound (1931)
- The Phantom of the West (1931)
- Fighting Caravans (1931)
- Ride Him, Cowboy (1932)
- Conflict (1936)
- Misbehaving Husbands (1940), as the heavy, "Gooch"
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941)
- Mr. Celebrity (1941)
- Broadway Big Shot (1942)
- It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
- The Son of Dr. Jekyll (1951) - Man in Bar (uncredited)
- Abbott and Costello Meet the Keystone Kops (1955) - Usher Ticket Taker (uncredited)
- The Ten Commandments (1956) - Hebrew at Golden Calf (uncredtied)
- McLintock! (1963) - Elmer the Bartender (uncredited)
|This article about an Australian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|