|Born||3 November 1919
|Died||18 August 1943
|Years of service||1938–43|
|Rank||Oberleutnant der Reserve (Posthumously)|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Franz Ammann (3 November 1919 – 18 August 1943) was a highly decorated Oberleutnant der Reserve in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Franz Ammann was killed on 18 August 1943 in Boromlja, Russia. He was posthumously awarded the Knight's Cross on 23 August 1943 and promoted to Oberleutnant der Reserve.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (12 August 1941)
- 1st Class (23 July 1942)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- in Silver
- in Gold (1 August 1943)
- Infantry Assault Badge in Silver (20 June 1942)
- Close Combat Clasp
- in Bronze (20 June 1943)
- Eastern Front Medal (21 July 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 23 August 1943 as Leutnant and Führer of 5./Grenadier-Regiment 256 
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 99.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.