|Born||5 December 1901
|Died||14 August 1994
|Allegiance|| Weimar Republic (to 1933)
Nazi Germany (to 1945)
|Years of service||1922 – 1945
1956 – 1962
|Commands held||Jäger-Regiment 54|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Franz Weller (5 December 1901 – 14 August 1994) was a highly decorated Oberst in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Franz Weller was captured in May 1945 by Allied troops and was held until 1946. He joined the Bundeswehr in 1956 and retired in 1962.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (22 September 1939)
- 1st Class (23 May 1940)
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- in Silver
- War Merit Cross with Swords
- 2nd Class
- Eastern Front Medal (27 August 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 358.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 76.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.