A hairbrush is a stick brush with rigid or soft bristles used in hair care for smoothing, styling, and detangling human hair, or for grooming an animal's fur. It can also be used for styling with a curling iron or blowdryer.
United States history
A brush is typically used on long hair while a comb is normally used on shorter hair; however, both may be used for either. A flat brush is normally used for detangling hair, for example after sleep or showering. A round brush can be used for styling and curling hair, especially by a professional stylist, often with a blowdryer. A paddle brush is used to straighten hair, flatten long hair, and tame fly-aways. A hairbrush can be used to remove loose hairs, and increase circulation to the scalp.
Types of hairbrushes
Examples of brushes used for different purposes:
- Cushion Brush – used to straighten tidy and neat hair and gives it a professional look.
- Paddle Brush – used for untidy and unkempt hair which is hard to manage.
- Round Brush – used for neat hair; the brush curls hair at the ends.
- Comb – mostly used for shorter hair. Combs can also be used for hair decoration.
Material of hairbrushes
- Common materials used for handle
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hairbrushes.|
|This fashion-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|