United States history
A brush is typically used on long hair while a comb is normally used on shorter hair; however, both may be used for either. A flat brush is normally used for detangling hair, for example after sleep or showering; a round brush for styling and curling hair, especially by a professional stylist, and with a blowdryer. A paddle brush is used to straighten hair, flatten long hair, and tame fly-aways. A hairbrush can also be used to remove loose hairs, and increase circulation to the scalp.
Types of hairbrushes
Examples of brushes used for different purposes:
- Cushion Brush – used to straighten tidy and neat hair and gives it a professional look.
- Paddle Brush – used for untidy and unkempt hair which is hard to manage.
- Round Brush – used for neat hair; the brush curls hair at the ends.
- Comb – mostly used for shorter hair. Combs can also be used for hair decoration.
Material of hairbrushes
- Common materials used for handle
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hairbrushes.|
|This fashion-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|