I Finally Found Someone
|"I Finally Found Someone"|
|Single by Bryan Adams & Barbra Streisand|
|from the album The Mirror Has Two Faces|
|Released||November 5, 1996|
Robert John "Mutt" Lange
"I Finally Found Someone" is a song duet from 1996 with Canadian artist Bryan Adams and American artist Barbra Streisand. The song was part of the soundtrack of Streisand's self-directed movie The Mirror Has Two Faces and was nominated for an Oscar. It reached #8 on the Billboard Hot 100, and #2 on the Hot Adult Contemporary chart. "I Finally Found Someone" gave Barbra Streisand her first significant hit in almost a decade and her first top 10 hit on the Hot 100 (and first gold single) since 1981. The song was included on an Australian issue of Adams's album, 18 Til I Die, which had a purple cover instead of orange.
The CD single is unique for Streisand fans as it contains a rare Spanish-language version of her 1976 song Evergreen.
Charts (Streisand/Adams version)
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||23|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||6|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)||14|
|Canada Top Singles (RPM)||18|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||53|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||16|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||6|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||17|
|UK Singles (The Official Charts Company)||10|
|US Billboard Hot Singles Sales||7|
|US Billboard Adult Top 40||19|
|US Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks||2|
|US Billboard Hot 100 Airplay||20|
|US Billboard Hot 100||8|
End of year charts
|End of year chart (1997)||Position|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||53|
- The song was covered by country music artists Lorrie Morgan and Sammy Kershaw on their 2001 album I Finally Found Someone.
- Celine Dion performed the song live at the Academy Awards show in 1997 with a brass instrument being performed in the Bryan Adams's part, since Streisand was unable to perform. The trumpeter who accompanied Celine Dion during the song will be pointed by certain medias for having played 'too loud'. Celine Dion became with this song the only female artist to have the privilege to sing twice during the Academy Awards show. Dion was nominated for her own single "Because You Loved Me" in the same category that year, though they both lost to "You Must Love Me" from Evita.
- Whitburn, Joel (2002). Top Adult Contemporary: 1961-2001. Record Research. p. 16.
- "Australian-charts.com – Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adams – I Finally Found Someone". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Austriancharts.at – Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adams – I Finally Found Someone" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adams – I Finally Found Someone" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Ultratop.be – Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adams – I Finally Found Someone" (in French). Ultratop 50.
- "Lescharts.com – Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adams – I Finally Found Someone" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Chartverfulgong > Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adams > I Finally Found Someone – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Hit Parade Italia - Indice per Interprete: A". Hit Parade Italia. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adams search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "Charts.org.nz – Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adams – I Finally Found Someone". Top 40 Singles.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adams – I Finally Found Someone". Singles Top 60.
- "Swisscharts.com – Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adams – I Finally Found Someone". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Billboard Top 100 - 1997". Retrieved 2010-08-28.