I Wanna Be Loved
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the song published in 1933. For the Ricky Nelson song, see I Wanna Be Loved (Ricky Nelson song).
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2012)|
|"I Wanna Be Loved"|
|Music by||Johnny Green|
|Lyrics by||Edward Heyman, Billy Rose|
|Recorded by||Billy Eckstine, Maria Muldaur, The Andrews Sisters, George Maharis, Mina|
The song is a standard, with many recorded versions.
- Billy Eckstine - Passing Strangers (2009)
- Grant Green plays on the song on his 1963 album Am I Blue.
- Maria Muldaur performs the song on her 1999 album Meet Me Where They Play The Blues.
- The song was recorded by The Andrews Sisters in 1950.
- George Maharis covered the song on his 1963 album "Just Turn Me Loose!"
- Mina covered the song on her 1969 album "Mina for You"
- In 2009 Mark Isham & Kate Ceberano recorded a version for their Bittersweet album.
|This pop standards-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|