Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University
|Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University
جامعة الإمام محمد بن سعود الإسلامية
Jāmaat Al-Imam Mohammad bin Saud Al-Islamiyah
|Location||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University (Arabic: جامعة الإمام محمد بن سعود الإسلامية) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, was founded in 1953. In 1974, it was granted university status by royal decree. The university houses 10 faculties. It currently has more than 24,000 students and 1,300 faculty. It has intermediate and secondary Islamic institutes in major cities of Saudi Arabia, Ras al-Khaimah, the USA, Indonesia, Malaysia, Djibouti and Japan. The university as a cultural and intellectual institution aims to promote knowledge offering undergraduate as well as postgraduate studies. One of the most important aims is to promote translating and publishing as the university has its own print house. Moreover, the university achieves its goals within the Islamic Shari'a.
Former students and faculty
- ‘Abdul-Rahman bin Nasir al-Barrak, former professor
- Abd Al-Aziz Fawzan Al-Fawzan
- Saud Al-Shuraim
- Abu Abd al-Rahman Ibn Aqil al-Zahiri
Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University is organized into 11 colleges:
- College of Shari'ah
- Department of Fundamentals of Jurisprudence
- Department of Jurisprudence
- Department of Islamic Culture
- College of Fundamentals of Islam
- College of Arabic Language
- College of Social Sciences
- College of Computer Science and Information Sciences
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Information System
- Department of Information Studies
- College of Economics and Administrative Sciences
- College of Medicine
- College of Engineering
The university has launched a campaign to identify fake PhD holder faculty members in computer and information system department. Department Website
Sports and athletic activities
Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University has a soccer team and a stadium.
The University is home to the Institute of Translation and Arabization, a facility dedicated to the translation of Arabic texts to foreign languages, and translation of foreign language texts into Arabic (Arabization).
- "Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University". ICU. 12 July 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University Riyadh". Wikimapia. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Imam University". Bakkah. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Imam Muhammad bin Saud University". SAMIRAD. 20 April 2009. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "جامعة الامام محمد بن سعود الاسلامية". Ministry of Higher Education. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Institute of Translation and Arabization".
- Al-Azhar University
- Darul Uloom Deoband
- Islamic University of Madinah
- Umm al-Qura University
- Al-Jamiatul Ahlia Darul Ulum Moinul Islam
- Darul-uloom Nadwatul Ulama
- Darul Uloom Karachi
- Institute of Islamic and Arabic Sciences in America