|The People Party|
|Founded||20 October 2012 |
|National affiliation||Anti-Coup Alliance|
|Politics of Egypt
On 8 October 2012 the Egyptian Salafist Front proposed the creation of a new political party, to be named the People Party. The party was established on 20 October 2012. According to Ahmed Mawlana, the official party spokesman, the People Party will deal with issues that it perceives to be neglected by other Islamic parties, such as "the Nubians’ rights, as well as those of farmers and workers".
- True recognition of the injustice and the oppression against the citizens on behalf of the former regime.
- Rejection of certain groups' exploitation of State resources and the division of the these resources among them while the people struggles.
- The triumph of our identity and the rejection of any attempt to dissolve it and change our society into a copy of other civilizations borrowing from their identity and culture.
- Cultural, economical and political independence are essential components of our true awakening.
- Subsidizing education and research and opening our doors to industrial and scientific expertise are necessary for our awakening.
- Moreover, we do not forget local issues and Egypt's regional and international role that ensures its leadership in the advocacy of our brothers' causes and especially that of the Palestinians.
- El-Behairy,Nouran (20 October 2012). "Salafi Front Launches “Al-Shaab” Party". Daily News Egypt. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "Egypt's Salafist Front launches 'People Party'". Ahram Online. 20 October 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "New Salafi party has curious policy mix". Egypt Independent. 23 October 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "New Salafi Party Signals Leftist Trend in Islamist Economics". Atlantic Council. 30 October 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "Anti-Coup Alliance cites reasons for boycotting referendum". Daily News Egypt. 22 December 2013. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "Salafist Front to establish new political party". Ahram Online. 8 October 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "Egyptian Al Shaab Party's Political Program". Islamopedia Online. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
|This article about a political party in Egypt is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|