Infrared Roses is a live compilation album by the Grateful Dead. It is a conglomeration of their famous improvisational segments "Drums" and "Space."
Somewhere in the middle of the second set of a Grateful Dead concert came a period of musical improvisation. This part of the concert is commonly referred to as "Space," and came right after a drum solo or duet. Infrared Roses is a compilation of these performances. There are no recognizable songs from the band's repertoire on this release. Robert Hunter, lyricist with the Grateful Dead, created the names of the tracks for the album.
Music from Infrared Roses was used as the soundtrack for the 18-minute Grateful Dead video Infrared Sightings.
Track listing 
Musicians listed in order of appearance on each track.
- "Crowd Sculpture" (Bralove) – 2:21
- "Parallelogram" (Hart, Kreutzman) – 5:06
- Kreutzmann - trap drum left, Mickey Hart - trap drum right
- Hart - Beast (Large Drums) and Beam
- Kreutzmann - Timbales
- "Little Nemo in Nightland" (Bralove, Garcia, Lesh, Weir) – 6:16
- Garcia - Guitar, Weir - Guitar, Lesh - Bass
- "Riverside Rhapsody" (Garcia, Hart, Kreutzmann, Lesh, Mydland, Weir) – 3:55
- Garcia - Guitar, Weir - Guitar, Lesh - Bass, Mydland - Keyboards, Kreutzmann - Drums, Hart - Drums and Electronic Percussion
- "Post-Modern Highrise Table Top Stomp" (Garcia, Green, Hart, Kreutzmann, Lesh, Mydland, Weir) – 4:23
- Stereo Left ←, Stereo Center ↓, Stereo Right→
- Willie Green III - Kick Snare Hat ↓ Kreutzmann - roto Toms ← Hart - Talking Drums →
- Garcia - electronic Percussion (Cow Bells, Shakers, Drums) ↓,→
- Weir - Midi Guitar: Marimba ←,↓
- Lesh - Bass ↓
- Mydland - Midi Keyboard (Rattles, Shakers, Toms) ↓
- "Infrared Roses" (Bralove, Garcia, Lesh, Mydland, Weir) – 5:36
- Mydland - Keys and Synth ("Outerspace FX", Voices, Piano)
- Lesh - Bass and Synth (Trombone, FilterSweeps, French horn, Strings, Bells)
- Weir - Guitar and Synths (Bells, Glockenspiel, Vibes)
- Garcia Guitar and Synths (Trumpet, Mandolin, Voices, Strings)
- "Silver Apples of the Moon" (Hornsby, Welnick) – 5:41
- Bruce Hornsby - Piano and Synths (Strings, Vibes)
- Vince Welnick - Synths (Voices, Strings, Rattles, Organ, Bells)
- "Speaking in Swords" (Bralove, Hart, Kreutzman) – 3:29
- Hart - Beam and Electronic Percussion
- Kreutzmann - Electronic Percussion
- "Magnesium Night Light" (Garcia, Lesh, Mydland, Weir) – 5:28
- Garcia - Guitars and Synths (Trumpet, Strings)
- Weir - Guitar and Synths (Bells, Marimbas, Vibes)
- Lesh - Bass and Synths (Bass Fuzz, Filter Sweep, Bells)
- Mydland - Keys and Synths (FX, Piano, Electric Piano)
- "Sparrow Hawk Row" (Bralove, Garcia, Healy, Hart, Kreutzmann, Lesh, Mydland, Weir) – 3:23
- Dan Healy - Processing
- - In No Order: Garcia - Guitar, Weir - Guitar, Lesh - Bass, Mydland - Keys, Hart & Kreutzmann - Drums
- "River of Nine Sorrows" (Bralove, Hart, Kreutzman) – 4:25
- Hart - Electronic Percussion, Synths (Bird Whistles, Woodblocks, Log Drum)
- Kreutzmann - Drums, Electronic Percussion, Synths (Gongs, Congas, Woodblocks, Electronic Toms)
- Bob Bralove - Drum Machine Sequencing
- "Apollo at the Ritz" (Garcia, Hart, Kreutzman, Lesh, Marsalis, Mydland, Weir) – 8:15
- Garcia - Guitar and Synths (Church Bell, Flute, Double Reed and lots more)
- Lesh - Bass and Synths (Bass Flute)
- Branford Marsalis - Tenor and Soprano Sax
- Weir - Guitar and Synths (Trumpet Section)
- Mydland - Keys
- Hart & Kreutzmann - Drums
Musical personnel 
Additional personnel 
- Deadheads on "Crowd Sculpture"
- Willie Green III - kick, snare, hat on "Post-Modern Highrise Table Top Stomp"
- Dan Healy - processing on "Sparrow Hawk Row"
- Bob Bralove - drum machine on "River of Nine Sorrows"
- Branford Marsalis - saxophone on "Apollo At The Ritz"