Jakarta Kota Station
|Jakarta Kota Station|
Gate of the station
|Address||Jalan Stasiun Kota no.1, Jakarta,
|Line(s)||Tanjung Priok-Jakarta Kota
|Opened||1887 (old building); 1929 (current building)|
|Rebuilt||1926 - 1929|
|Owned by||PT Kereta Api Indonesia|
Jakarta Kota Station (Indonesian: Stasiun Jakarta Kota, Station code: JAKK) is a terminal train station, located in the old city core of Jakarta. The station was appointed as a historical and cultural landmark in 1993.
The station was named Batavia Zuid (or South Batavia) until the end of the 19th century. The station was also popularly known as the Beos Station as an abbreviation of Bataviasche Ooster Spoorweg Maatschapij or the Batavian Eastern Railway Company.
Jakarta Kota Station serves as a main station, along with Gambir Station, Jatinegara Station, and Pasar Senen Station, for several intercity train (Argo Train) lines across Java Island. This station also serves three of the six KRL Jabotabek train lines, which operate in the Jakarta metropolitan area.
Jakarta Kota Station is a two-storey station surrounded by streets on three sides with one main entrance gate and two side entrance gates. The main entrance gate is recognized by its barrel-vault roof with openings horizontally composed with the top dominated by vertical units (lunettes).
The inside wall of the hall is finished with brown ceramic with rough texture and the outside wall at the bottom of the whole building was covered with green-yellowish plaster. The station floor uses yellow teak and grey wood, and for the platform floor yellow waffle teakwood is used. The platforms are sheltered by canopies supported by steel columns.
Jakarta Kota Station has six platforms serving 12 tracks.
- Argo Jati service to Cirebon Station, West Java (only 2 trip, the rest departed from Gambir Station )
- Argo Parahyangan service to Bandung Station, West Java (only 2 trip, the rest departed from Gambir Station )
- Gaya Baru Malam Selatan service to Surabaya Gubeng Station, East Java
- Gumarang service to Surabaya Pasar Turi Station, East Java
- Patas Purwakarta service to Purwakarta Station, West Java
- Serayu service to Kroya Station, Central Java via Kiaracondong Station, West Java
- Tegal Arum service to Tegal Station, East Java
KRL Jabodetabek (Commuter Line)
- Blue Line service to Bekasi Station, West Java
- Red Line service to Depok and Bogor Station, West Java
- Pink Line service to Tanjung Priok Station
Media related to Jakarta Kota Station at Wikimedia Commons