Jan Olbrycht (born 21 September 1952 in Rybnik) is a Polish politician and Member of the European Parliament for the Silesian Voivodeship with the Civic Platform, part of the European People's Party and is vice-chair of the European Parliament's Committee on Regional Development.
Olbrycht is a substitute for the Committee on Transport and Tourism, substitute for the Delegation to the EU-Bulgaria Joint Parliamentary Committee.
- 1984: Doctor of Sociology, Jagiellonian University
- 2002-2004: Chairman of the Policy Council of the Social Movement
- since 2004: Member of the National Council of the Citizens' Platform
- 1990-1998: Mayor and member of the town council in Cieszyn
- 1998-2004: Regional Councillor of the Silesian Voivodeship
- 1998-2002: Marshal of the Silesian Voivodeship
- 1995-2001: Vice-Chairman of the Council of European Municipalities and Regions
- 2000-2004: Member of the Organisation of the Assembly of European Regions (ARE)
- 2004: Member of the World Council of United Cities and Local Governments
- 2000-2004: Member of the National Council for Regional Policy
- since 2003: Member of the Committee for National Spatial Planning, Polish Academy of Sciences (PAN)
- Knight's Cross of the Order of Poland Reborn
|Mayor of Cieszyn
1990 – 1998