|Town of Johnstown, Colorado|
|Home Rule Municipality|
|Motto: “The Community That Cares”|
Location in Weld County and the state of Colorado
|Incorporated (town)||May 13, 1907|
|• Type||Home Rule Municipality|
|• Mayor||Mark Romanowski|
|• Total||13.52 sq mi (35.00 km2)|
|• Land||13.52 sq mi (35.00 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||4,852 ft (1,479 m)|
|• Density||731.29/sq mi (282.35/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0180701|
|Website||Town of Johnstown|
As of the census of 2010, there were 9,887 people, 3,356 households, and 2,738 families residing in the town. The population density was 731.3 people per square mile (282.5/km²). There were 3,554 housing units at an average density of 262.9 per square mile (101.5/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 91.7% White, 0.8% African American, 1.4% Native American, 1.4% Asian, and 7.3% from other races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 16.8% of the population.
There were 3,356 households out of which 42.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 69.7% were married couples living together, 7.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 18.4% were non-families. 13.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.95 and the average family size was 3.25.
In the town the population was spread out with 31.2% under the age of 18, 5.8% from 18 to 24, 32.3% from 25 to 44, 22.0% from 45 to 64, and 8.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 33.7 years. For every 100 females there were 101.7 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $69,919, and the median income for a family was $75,000. Males had a median income of $55,426 versus $40,536 for females. The per capita income for the town was $26,324. About 5.4% of families and 5.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.4% of those under age 18 and 5.1% of those age 65 or over.
Schools serving Johnstown (all within the Weld County School District RE-5J)
- Letford Elementary (Johnstown, CO)
- Pioneer Ridge Elementary (Johnstown, CO)
- Knowledge Quest Academy (Milliken, CO)
- Milliken Middle School (Milliken, CO)
- Roosevelt High School (Johnstown, CO)
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Colorado cities and towns
- Colorado counties
- Colorado metropolitan areas
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile for Johnstown, Colorado, CO". ePodunk. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- "Johnstown, Colorado". City-Data.com. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Town of Johnstown website
- Johnstown Breeze (weekly newspaper)
- Johnstown Historical Society