Justin Harper (basketball)
|No. 15 – Hapoel Tel Aviv|
|League||Israeli Basketball Super League|
August 30, 1989 |
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (208 cm)|
|Listed weight||225 lb (102 kg)|
|High school||Meadowbrook (Richmond, Virginia)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Round: 2 / Pick: 32nd overall|
|Selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers|
|Pro playing career||2011–present|
|2013–present||Hapoel Tel Aviv|
Justin Harper (born August 30, 1989) is an American professional basketball power forward and center with Hapoel Tel Aviv of the Israeli Basketball Super League. He played college basketball for the University of Richmond.
As a senior he was named to the All-Atlantic 10 First Team, along with teammate Kevin Anderson. Harper was recognized as an All-Fourth District first-team selection by the National Association of Basketball Coaches.
Harper was selected 32nd overall in the 2011 NBA Draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers, who subsequently traded his draft rights to the Orlando Magic for two future second-round picks. During the 2011 NBA lockout, Harper signed with SIG Strasbourg in France's Ligue Nationale de Basketball. On October 27, 2012, Harper was waived by the Orlando Magic. He was then drafted by the Idaho Stampede of the NBA D-League. After playing a season with the Stampede, Harper signed with Hapoel Tel Aviv in Israel for the 2013–14 season.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "2010-11 Atlantic 10 Conference Men’s Basketball All-Conference Teams" (PDF). Atlantic 10 Conference. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "National Association of Basketball Coaches Announces 2011 Division I All-District Teams" (PDF). National Association of Basketball Coaches. March 9, 2011. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "Magic make a trade, selection on draft night". NBA. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- "Magic Rookie Justin Harper to Play for France’s SIG Strasbourg". SLAM Online. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- 2012 NBA D-League Draft
- "Hapoel Tel Aviv announced Justin Harper". Sportando.net. Retrieved 5 October 2013.