|No. 33 – Nizhny Novgorod|
|League||VTB United League
May 29, 1990 |
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school||Wesleyan School
(Peachtree Corners, Georgia)
|NBA draft||2011 / Round: 2 / Pick: 37th overall|
|Selected by the Los Angeles Clippers|
|2011–2013||Los Angeles Clippers|
|Career highlights and awards|
Thompkins attended the Wesleyan School in Norcross, Georgia. During his junior year, Thompkins decided to attend Oak Hill Academy where he averaged 15.8 points per game and 8.9 rebounds. For his senior season, Thompkins averaged 27.5 points and 14.7 rebounds for Wesleyan as they won the Georgia High School Association Class AA state championship. In May 2007, Thompkins committed to the University of Georgia for the 2008-2009 NCAA season despite offers from many other schools.
In Thompkins' freshman season for the Bulldogs, he was named to the SEC All-Freshman team while leading the team in rebounding (7.4) and blocks (31 total) and second in points (12.6). He missed the preseason practices and first four regular season games due to injury while the team eventually finished the season below expectations, having head coach Dennis Felton fired midseason.
In his sophomore season, Thompkins skied to averages of 17.7 points and 8.3 rebounds. He was a unanimous vote for the first team All-SEC selection.
Thompkins leveled out in his junior year statistically, while the Bulldogs eventually made it to the 2011 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament only to be eliminated 68-65 in the first round to the Washington Huskies. He was once again a first team All-SEC selection.
While preparing for the draft, there were concerns about Thompkins' body fat level of 15.5%. Jay Bilas describes Trey Thompkins’ body fat percentage as “pretty good if you're a sea lion.”
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Trey Thompkins (1990-05-29). "Trey Thompkins Bio - Georgia Official Athletic Site". Georgiadogs.com. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "Howard (Trey) Thompkins Commits To Georgia". Sicemdawgs.com. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "Dennis Felton fired as Georgia Bulldogs basketball coach - ESPN". Sports.espn.go.com. 2009-01-29. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "NCAA Tournament: Washington Survives Late Georgia Rally To Advance, 68-65". SBNation.com. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "Georgia's Thompkins declares for the NBA draft - NCAA Basketball - Sporting News". Aol.sportingnews.com. 2011-04-05. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "Clippers waive forward Trey Thompkins". InsideHoops. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "Nizhny Novgorod adds size with Thompkins". Euroleague.net. Retrieved August 4, 2014.