King Salmon, California
King Salmon is an unincorporated community in Humboldt County, California, United States. The small fishing enclave, which has a Eureka zipcode (but is outside the city limits), is nonetheless part of Greater Eureka. It is also the site of the Humboldt Bay Power Plant. Primarily containing summer homes or vacation homes, it is located on the shore of Buhne Point directly across from the entrance to Humboldt Bay, 1 mile (1.6 km) north of Fields Landing, at an elevation of 3 feet (0.91 m).
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: King Salmon
- Madge Caughman; Joanne S. Ginsberg (1987). The California Coastal Resource Guide. University of California Press. ISBN 978-0-520-06186-6. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Quill Driver Books. p. 88. ISBN 978-1-884995-14-9.
- Kim Kavin (17 November 2008). The Everything Family Guide to Northern California and Lake Tahoe: A complete guide to San Francisco, Yosemite, Monterey, and Lake Tahoe - and all the beautiful spots in between. Adams Media. pp. 391–. ISBN 978-1-4405-2187-4. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- Sequoia Humane Society webpage, 2013, accessed September 23, 2013
|This Humboldt County, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|