List of cooperatives
- 1 Australia
- 2 Canada
- 3 Denmark
- 4 Finland
- 5 France
- 6 India
- 7 Ireland
- 8 Israel
- 9 Japan
- 10 Nepal
- 11 New Zealand
- 12 Philippines
- 13 Scandinavia
- 14 Spain
- 15 Switzerland
- 16 United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Isle of Man
- 17 United States
- 18 Kenya
- 19 See also
- 20 Notes
- Dairy Farmers is one of the largest and oldest dairy manufacturers in Australia, established in 1900, supplying products to local and international markets such as eastern Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Kirin Holdings Company, Limited of Japan, via its subsidiary National Foods, acquired the company on 27 November 2008.
- Community Healthfulness Cooperative is a cooperative formed by a group of people from Melbourne, Victoria in 2009. The cooperative are working to provide a community where people struggling to cope can find support and work to regain their health.
- CBH Group and Wesfarmers Limited both started as co-operative groups in Western Australia in the early twentieth century.
- Arctic Co-operatives Limited (retail co-operative in the Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Northern Manitoba.
- Blocks Recording Club (record label)
- The Canadian Co-operative Association (CCA) is a national cooperative federation for Canadian co-operatives headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Canadian Press (newswire)
- Canadian University Press (newswire for student newspapers)
- The Co-operators, founded in 1945, is a Canadian insurance co-operative owned by 40 members.
- Farmers of North America, Farmers buying co-operative.
- Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL), is a co-operative federation, established in 1955, providing procurement and distribution to member co-operatives in Western Canada.
- Home Hardware is a privately held Canadian home improvement, construction materials, and furniture retailer. Co-founded in 1964 by Walter Hachborn and headquartered in St. Jacobs, Ontario, the chain is cooperatively owned by over 1000 independently owned member stores.
- Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) is a Canadian consumers' cooperative, which sells outdoor recreation gear and clothing.
- Alberta Wheat Pool
- Calgary Co-op (retail co-op)
- United Farmers of Alberta (UFA) is an agricultural supply cooperative headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Aaron Webster Housing Cooperative (formerly Cityview Co-op) is a housing cooperative located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- CJLY-FM, radio station in Nelson, British Columbia.
- CFRO-FM, licensed and owned by Vancouver Co-operative Radio, is a non-commercial community radio station in Vancouver, British Columbia, in Coast Salish territory.
- EcoReality Sustainable Land Use and Education Cooperative on Saltspring Island is developing an ecovillage based on sustainable agriculture.
- Otter Co-op is a consumers' cooperative in Aldergrove, British Columbia, Canada.
- Manitoba Cooperative Association (MCA) is the provincial association of cooperative organizations, created by its members to enhance and support the development of a united, growing and influential cooperative movement in Manitoba.
Old Market Autonomous Zone Marketing Co-op (formed in 2010) comprises the cooperatives and activist groups located in the heritage building at 91 Albert St in Winnipeg's Exchange District. It houses the following cooperatives:
- Mondragon Bookstore & Coffeehouse is a political bookstore, vegan cafe and organic grocery store located in The Old Market Autonomous Zone at 91 Albert Street in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Canadian University Press is a non-profit co-operative and newswire service owned by almost 90 student newspapers at post-secondary schools in Canada.
- Gay Lea Foods Co-operative Limited is a dairy products co-operative in Canada producing butter, sour cream, cottage cheese, whipped cream and lactose free milk for retail, foodservice, industrial and export markets.
- Guelph Campus Cooperative is located in Guelph, Ontario. It is a student run cooperative offering the University of Guelph community a bookstore and student housing.
- Karma Co-operative is a food co-op located in Toronto. Karma specializes in organic, local, non-GMO, and fair trade products.
- Ontario Co-operative Association or On Co-op is a co-operative association serving co-operatives and co-op member organizations in Ontario, Canada.
- Organic Meadow Cooperative is an agricultural cooperative in Ontario. The cooperative originated in 1989 after local farmers sitting around a kitchen table realized that commercialized farming practices were not sustainable for them.
- Rochdale College, Toronto (defunct)
- Toronto Renewable Energy Co-operative
- Waterloo Co-operative Residence Incorporated, also known as WCRI, is a non-profit student housing co-operative located in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- Wireless Nomad was a non-profit cooperative based in Toronto, Canada providing subscriber-owned home and business internet along with free Wi-Fi wireless Internet access the 70+ nodes, making it one of the largest free Wi-Fi networks in the country at the time.
- Agropur is a Canadian Agricultural cooperative headquartered in Longueuil, Quebec, Canada.
- Desjardins Group
- CCRL Refinery Complex is an oil refinery spread over 544 acres (2.201 km2) located in the city of Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada owned by Consumers' Co-operative Refineries Limited (CCRL) that is in turn owned by Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL).
- CFCR-FM - Community Radio Station (Saskatoon)
- Concentra Financial
- Saskatoon Co-op (Saskatoon)
- Saskatoon Farmers' Market (Saskatoon)
- Sherwood Co-op (Regina)
- Southern Rails Cooperative (railway)
The United Farmers of Alberta (UFA) has over 120,000 members and with 2007 revenues of over $1.8 billion, UFA is ranked as the 37th largest business in Alberta by revenue according to Alberta Venture magazine. 
Alberta's credit unions are also large operations.
- Arla Foods is a Swedish-Danish cooperative based in Århus, Denmark, and the largest producer of dairy products in Scandinavia.
- FDB (Danish: Fællesforeningen for Danmarks Brugsforeninger), or The Danish Consumers Co-operative Society is a consumer co-operative based in Denmark.
- Crédit Agricole
- Enercoop is a French electricity supplier. It is the only one in France in the form of a cooperative.
- Aavin Aavin(Tamil:ஆவின்) is the trademark of the Tamil Nadu Co-operative Milk Producers' Federation Limited,
- Adarsh Co-operative Bank
- Anyonya Co-operative Bank Limited
- Indian Coffee House
- Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited
- Kaira District Co-operative Milk Producers' Union
- Mother Dairy
- Pratibha Mahila Sahakari Bank
- Sant Muktabai Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana
- Shri Mahila Griha Udyog Lijjat Papad
- Vasudhara Dairy
- Mulkanoor Cooperatives
- Viveka Janani MACTCS Fed Limited
Tamil Nadu state level cooperative Federations:
- TNCUI - Tamil Nadu Cooperative Union
- TANFED - "Tamil Nadu Cooperative Marketing Federation Limited" - TANFED is the apex body of taluk level cooperative marketing societies, it is also acts as the nodal agency for fertilizer distributions in the state along woth usual agricultural marketing activities (http://www.tanfed.tn.gov.in)
- TNCCF - "Tamilnadu Cooperative Consumer Federation": TNCCF is the apex body of the 34 district cooperative wholesales stores, coordinating consumer business activities
- TCHF - "Tamil Nadu Cooperative Housing Federation" - TCHF is the federation of cooperative housing institutions. It extends housing credit to its member socieites
- TNFUCB - "Tamilnadu Federation of Cooperative Urban Banks" - it is the apex body for the 121 urban cooperative banks in the state.
- TAFCOFED - "Tamil Nadu State Apex Fisheries Cooperative Federation" - it is the apex body for the 375 fishermen cooperative societies.
- AAVIN - "Tamilnadu Co-operative Milk Producers' Federation Limited" - is an apex body of 17 District Cooperative Milk Producers' Unions (http://www.aavinmilk.com/)
- TNSCB - "Tamilnadu State Apex Co-operative Bank" - it is the apex bank for all the agricultural credit in the state, it has 23 district cooperative banks as it members. (http://www.tnscbank.com)
- TANFED is The Tamil Nadu Cooperative Marketing Federation Limited
- Thanjavur Cooperative Marketing Federation Limited
Co-operative Banks in Tamil Nadu
- TNSC Bank - "Tamilnadu State Apex Co-operative Bank"
- TNSCARD Bank - "Tamilnadu State Cooperative state Agriculture and Rural Development Bank (TNSCARDB)"
- TAICO Bank - "Tamilnadu Industrial Cooperative Bank Limited"
District Co-operative Banks:
- CCC Bank - Chennai Central Cooperative Bank (CCCB)
- TCC Bank - Thanjavur Central Co-operative Bank (TCCB)
Urban Cooperative Societies in Tamil Nadu
- TUCS - "Triplicane Urban Cooperative Society Limited(TUCS)"
Sugar Co-operative in Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Co-operative Federation Limited
- Ambur Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Vadapudupet, Vellore District. - (http://www.ambursugars.net.in/)
- NPKRR Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Thalainayar, Illanthope, Mayiladuthurai Taluk. Nagapatnam District
- Amaravathy Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Krishnapuram, Udumalaipettai Taluk, Coimbatore District. - (http://www.amaravathisugars.net.in)
- Kallakurichi - II Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Kachirayapalam Road, Kallakurichi, Villupuram District. (Gomuki Sugars)
- Kallakurichi -I Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Moongilthuraipattu, Villupuram District.
- Subramaniya Siva Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Alapuram Post, Gopalapuram, Dharmapuri District.
- Dharmapuri District Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited,Palacode, Dharmapuri District.
- Cheyyar Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Anakkavoor, Thenthandalam, Tiruvannamalai District.
- Madurantakam Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Padalam, Kancheepuram District.
- M.R. Krishnamurthy Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Sethiathope, Chidambaram TK, Cuddalore Dist
- National Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Mettupatti Village, Alanganallur Taluk, Madurai Dist.,
- Gummidipoondi Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Puduvayal, Gummidipoondi TK, Tiruvalluvar District.
- Tirupattur Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Kethandapatti, Vellore District.
- Chengalrayan Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Periyasevalai, Villupuram District.
- Vellore Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Ammundi Village, Vellore District.
- Salem Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Mohanur,Namakkal District.
- Tiruttani Co-operative Sugar Mills Limited, Tiruvalangadu, Thiruvallur District.
Dairy Co-operative in Tamil Nadu
- Aavin Aavin(Tamil:ஆவின்) is the trademark of the TCMPF Limited. TCMPF Limited - Tamil Nadu Co-operative Milk Producers' Federation Limited
Textile Co-operatives in Tamil Nadu
- Co-optex is the trademark of The Tamil Nadu Handloom Weavers’ Co-operative Society Limited (Co-optex)
- Tamil Nadu Co-operative Textile Processing Mills Limited, Erode
- Tamil Nadu Co-operative Spinning Mills Federation Limited (TANSPIN)
- Dublin Food Co-op is a vegetarian food co-operative located in The Liberties area of Dublin, Ireland, which deals primarily in organic wholefood produce.
- Dan Bus Company
- Egged Israel Transport Cooperative Society Ltd
- Granot central cooperative
- Tnuva Central Cooperative for the Marketing of Agricultural Produce in Israel Ltd.
- Co-op Kobe (Japanese: コープこうべ), officially known as Consumer Co-operative Kobe, is a Kobe, Japan-based consumers' cooperative. It is the largest retail cooperative in Japan and, with over 1.2 million members, is one of the largest cooperatives in the world.
- Guita Saving and Cooperative Ltd., Guitole, Lalitpur-8, Nepal website
- Gurkha Millennium Multi-Purpose Cooperative Ltd. website
- IME Cooperative Service Limited. website
- Pashupati Saving and Credit Co-Operative Limited. website
- Alliance Group 
- Combined Rural Traders (CRT) Society 
- Electricity Ashburton
- Fonterra Co-operative Group – A New Zealand multinational dairy cooperative owned by more than 10,500 New Zealand farmers.
- Foodstuffs (Auckland) Cooperative
- Foodstuffs South Island Cooperative
- Foodstuffs (Wellington) Cooperative
- Mitre 10
- Silver Fern Farms 
- SBS Bank
- Southern Cross Medical Care Society
- Tatua Cooperative Dairy Company
- Westland Cooperative Dairy Company
- First Community Cooperative, the first cooperative in Mindanao.
- BOAZ Transport Service Cooperative
- Lighthouse Cooperative, a multi-purpose cooperative in Tuguegarao City, Cagayan, Philippines established in 1998.
- Kabayanihan Multi-Purpose Cooperative - A cooperative owned and organized by Employees of Al Othman Group
- Tagum Cooperative- a cooperative from Tagum City with 9 Branches and 1 Business Center in Region XI
- United Sugar Planters in Davao del Sur Multi-Purpose Cooperative
- Digos Market Vendors Multi-Purpose Cooperative
- Cooperative of Agrarian Reform Employees
- Davao del Sur Electric Cooperative
- The Mondragón Cooperative Corporation is a federation of worker cooperatives based in the Basque region of Spain.
United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Isle of Man
- The Co-operative Group is a United Kingdom consumers' co-operative, and, after the acquisition of Somerfield supermarkets, is the world's largest consumer-owned business, with over 4.5 million members and 123,000 employees across all its businesses. Regional and local retail co-operative societies are corporate members of the Group. Includes:
- The Co-operative Bank
- Anglia Regional Co-operative Society is the fifth largest consumer co-operative in the United Kingdom.
- Baywind Energy Co-operative
- Bristol Wood Recycling Project
- Channel Islands Co-operative Society
- Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society
- Colchester and East Essex Co-operative Society
- Co-operative Press
- East of England Co-operative Society
- Heart of England Co-operative Society
- Highburton Co-operative Society
- Highland Wholefoods Workers Co-operative
- Ilkeston Co-operative Society
- John Lewis Partnership (employee-owned business, not formal co-op)
- Lincolnshire Co-operative Society
- Magpie Recycling
- Midcounties Co-operative
- Midlands Co-operative Society
- New Internationalist
- Penrith Co-operative Society
- People's Press Printing Society
- Phone Co-op
- Plymouth and South West Co-operative Society
- Radstock Co-operative Society
- Ruskin House
- Scottish Midland Co-operative Society
- Seeds for Change Lancaster
- Seeds for Change Oxford Collective
- Shared Interest
- Shepley Co-operative Society
- Southern Co-operatives
- Suma Wholefoods (Triangle Wholefoods Collective Ltd)
- Swann Morton worker co-op
- Unicorn Grocery
- Veggies of Nottingham
- Wooldale Co-operative Society
- Ace Hardware is a hardware cooperative based in Oak Brook, Illinois, United States. Ace Hardware was founded in 1924 by Richard Hesse, E. Gunnard Lindquist, Frank Burke and Oscar Fisher in Chicago, Illinois.
- Affiliated Foods Inc.
- Affiliated Foods Midwest Co-op Inc.
- Affiliated Foods Southwest
- AgFirst Farm Credit Bank
- Agribank, FCB
- Ant Hill Cooperative
- Ashland Food Co-op
- Associated Food Stores
- Associated Grocers of Florida, Inc
- Associated Grocers of the South, Inc.
- Associated Grocers, Inc.
- Associated Press
- Associated Wholesale Grocers
- Associated Wholesalers, Inc.
- Audubon Mutual Housing Corporation
- Basin Electric Power Cooperative
- Black Star Co-op A brewpub located in Austin, TX
- Blue Diamond Growers
- Bob's Red Mill
- Brown Association for Cooperative Housing
- Cabot Creamery, Vermont-based dairy marketing
- Central Grocers Cooperative
- Certified Grocers Midwest
- Choptank Electric Cooperative
- CHS Inc.
- Cooperative Development Foundation
- Cuties Cooperative (California clementines)
- Dairy Farmers of America
- Dairylea Cooperative Inc.
- Delta and Providence Cooperative Farms
- Diamond Walnut Growers, Inc.
- Do It Best
- Equal Exchange
- Farm Credit Bank of Texas
- First Tech Credit Union
- Florida's Natural Growers (formerly Citrus World Inc.)
- Florists' Transworld Delivery (FTD)
- Full Sail Brewing
- George Street Co-op
- Great River Energy
- Greenbelt Homes, Inc.
- Greenbelt News Review
- Group Health Cooperative
- GROWMARK, Inc.
- Inter-Cooperative Council at the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor MI)
- Johnstone Supply, Inc. (Portland, OR) 
- Keweenaw Co-op, Inc. (Hancock, MI) 
- Land O'Lakes
- Madison Community Co-op
- Mariposa Food Co-op
- MFA Incorporated
- Michigan State University Student Housing Cooperative
- Morning Glory Cooperative
- National Cooperative Bank (now NCB)
- National Cooperative Business Association (NCBA)
- National Grape Cooperative Association, Inc.
- National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- New Deal Cafe
- New Mexico Educators Federal Credit Union
- Nebraska Rural Radio Association
- NonProfits' United
- Northcountry Cooperative Development Fund
- Oberlin Student Cooperative Association
- Ocean Spray (cooperative)
- Oglethorpe Power Corporation
- Old Dominion Electric Cooperative
- Panhandle Telephone Cooperative, Inc.
- Park Slope Food Coop
- Pentagon Federal Credit Union
- People's Food Co-op (Portland)
- Piggly Wiggly Alabama
- Pioneer Telephone Cooperative (Oklahoma)
- Pioneer Telephone Cooperative (Oregon)
- Pioneer Valley Photovoltaics (Massachusetts)
- R.E.I. (Recreational Equipment Inc.)
- Rapidan Camps
- Riceland Foods
- Scary Cow Productions
- Snake River Sugar Company
- Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative
- Southern States Cooperative
- Sunkist Growers, Inc.
- Tennessee Farmers Cooperative
- The Union Credit Union
- Tillamook County Creamery Association
- TOPCO Associates
- True Value Corporation
- U.S. AgBank, FCB
- U.S. Central Credit Union
- Unified Western Grocers
- USA Federal Credit Union (San Diego, Ca)
- United Hardware Distributing Company (Hardware Hank)
- Universal Cooperatives
- University Students Cooperative Association
- URM Stores
- VHA, Inc.
- Wakefern Food (ShopRite)
- Weaver's Way Co-op
- Weaver Street Market
- Wedge Community Co-op
- Western Family Holding Company
- Western Sugar Cooperative
- WestFarm Foods
- Wheatsville Co-op
- Whole Foods Cooperative
- Winfield Park Mutual Housing Corporation
Kenya has the strongest Co-operative movement in the world. In Africa its ranked number 1. Many Kenyan Co-operatives were started in the early 1960s and mainly because of Farming the was being embraced after the British left the newly independent country. Kenyans formed co-operatives so that they could buy large chunks of land from the British farmers as well as market their produce. Below are some of the largest co-operatives in Kenya.
- The Co-operative Insurance Company of Kenya Limited - 2nd largest insurance in Kenya.
- Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited -
- New Kenya Co-operative Creameries Limited
- Co-operative Insurance College
- Kenya Medical Association
- Githunguri Dairy Farmers Cooperative Limited
- National Housing Co-operative
- List of co-operative federations
- List of employee-owned companies
- List of food cooperatives
- List of retailers' cooperatives
- List of worker cooperatives
- List of utility cooperatives
- O'Sullivan, Arthur; Steven M. Sheffrin (2003). Economics: Principles in action. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 07458: Pearson Prentice Hall. ISBN 0-13-063085-3.
- "Japanese firm readies bid for Dairy Farmers". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "National Foods to acquire Dairy Farmers for $910 million" (Press release). Dairy Farmers Limited. 2008-08-25. Retrieved 2008-09-28.
- Cooperatives Europe - Coop Norden focuses its pan-Nordic operations on purchasing