Love Me If You Can
|"Love Me If You Can"|
|Single by Toby Keith|
|from the album Big Dog Daddy|
|Released||June 26, 2007|
|Label||Show Dog Nashville|
|Toby Keith singles chronology|
"Love Me If You Can" is the title of a song written by Chris Wallin and Craig Wiseman, and recorded by American country music artist Toby Keith. It was released in June 2007 as the second single from album Big Dog Daddy. The song became his 34th Top Ten single and his 16th Number One on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs charts to date. It is also Toby's first Billboard Number One single since he started his own label (Show Dog Nashville) in 2005.
The song is a mid-tempo ballad in which Toby addresses the criticism that he received after his 2002 pro-war anthem "Courtesy of the Red, White, & Blue (The Angry American)". In the song, Toby states that he is a "man of [his] convictions" who stands beside his own views, in spite of any controversy that they might cause.
Kevin John Coyne, reviewing the song for Country Universe, gave it a B rating. He says that Keith makes "a surprisingly earnest attempt to soften his image, wishing we could all just agree to disagree before our debates turn to angry words, and praying for peace on earth, even though war is sometimes necessary." 
The music video was directed by Michael Salomon and was released on July 3, 2007.
"Love Me If You Can" debuted at number 42 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs for the week of June 23, 2007.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||48|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||76|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||18|
- Perry, Jonathan (2007-09-24). "In concert, Toby Keith emphasizes patriotism, partying, and hims (sic)". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2007-09-28.
- Varias, Chris (2007-09-14). "Toby Keith ever the patriot". The Cincinnati Enquirer. Retrieved 2007-09-28.
- Rodgers, Larry (2007-09-05). "Country star Keith takes the heat for taking a stand". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved 2007-09-28.
- Sculley, Alan. "Toby Keith's music reflects spontaneous approach he takes to life". The Republican-American. Retrieved 2007-09-28.
- Coyne, Kevin John (2007-06-08). "Toby Keith - "Love Me If You Can". Country Universe. Retrieved 2010-06-17.[dead link]
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Toby Keith.
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Toby Keith.
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Toby Keith.
- "Best of 2007: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2007. Retrieved December 13, 2007.
by Brad Paisley
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
October 20, 2007
by Kenny Chesney