|Traded as||TYO: 7844|
Video game industry
|Founded||October 1, 2011
July 1, 2014 (as Marvelous Inc.)
|Net income||¥1,882,000,000 (2014)|
As of March 31, 2014 (consolidated basis)
Marvelous Inc. (株式会社マーベラス Kabushiki gaisha Māberasu?, previously known as Marvelous AQL) is a Japanese video game developer and anime producer that was formed in October 2011 by the merger of Marvelous Entertainment, AQ Interactive, and Liveware.
The announcement of merging Marvelous Entertainment Inc., AQ Interactive, Inc., Liveware Inc. in to Marvelous AQL Inc. on October 1, 2011 was originally proposed by Marvelous Entertainment Inc., and went effective on May 10, 2011. The plan would make Marvelous Entertainment Inc. the sole surviving entity after the merger, with Marvelous Entertainment Inc. renamed to Marvelous AQL Inc. on merger day.
On December 22, 2011, MarvelousAQL Inc. announced the establishment of the overseas business department, with investment from Checkpoint Studios Inc., replacing the global strategy room, which dissolved on January 1, 2012.
On January 1, 2013, MarvelousAQL Inc. established the amusement business division. The company's digital contents business division and amusement contents development division were moved into amusement business division, and was renamed as amusement development division.
On February 1, 2013, MarvelousAQL Inc. established the digital contents business division.
On July 1, 2014, MarvelousAQL Inc. was renamed as Marvelous Inc.
- Entersphere Inc. (株式会社エンタースフィア): On December 21, 2011, Marvelous AQL Inc. announced Entersphere Inc. becoming a subsidiary of MarvelousAQL Inc. Entersphere Inc. became a Marvelous AQL Inc. subsidiary on 2012-01-11. On 2013-01-17, Entersphere Inc. its relocation to Shinagawa, Tokyo.
- MAQL Europe Limited: On December 22, 2011, MarvelousAQL Inc. announced the establishment of a fully owned MAQL Europe Limited as an online game and mobile content developer and operator in Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom, in April 2012. MAQL Europe, under the brand 'Marvelous Games' has released several mobile titles, including RunBot, Eyes Attack, Puzzle Coaster, Conquest Age and Wurdy.
- Marvelous USA, Inc.: A carryover subsidiary from AQ Interactive, Inc. as XSEED JKS, Inc. On May 7, 2013, MarvelousAQL Inc. announced the renaming of XSEED JKS, Inc. to Marvelous USA, Inc., after purchasing the Index Digital Media, Inc.'s online business unit and transferred to XSEED JKS, Inc. on 2013-03-31.
- Artland Inc. (株式会社アートランド): A carryover subsidiary from Marvelous Entertainment Inc.
- LINKTHINK Inc. (株式会社リンクシンク): A carryover subsidiary from AQ Interactive, Inc.
- Forbidden Magna
- Kaio: King of Pirates (developed by Comcept)
- Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
- Rune Factory 4
- Senran Kagura
- Senran Kagura Burst: Guren no Shōjo-tachi
- Senran Kagura 2: Shinku
- Story of Seasons
- Fortune Street
- Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
- Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
- Rune Factory Frontier
- Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
- Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga
- Browser Sangokushi Next (PlayStation Network)
- IA/VT Colorful
- Muramasa: Rebirth
- New Little King's Story (developed / published by Konami)
- Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit!
- Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus: Shōjo-tachi no Shōmei
- Soul Sacrifice (co-developed / published by Sony Computer Entertainment)
- Soul Sacrifice Delta (co-developed / published by Sony Computer Entertainment)
- Valhalla Knights 3
- Valhalla Knights 3 Gold
- RunBot (developed by Bravo Game Studios)
- Puzzle Coaster (developed by Bravo Game Studios)
- Eyes Attack (developed by Alexander Murzanaev)
- Aura: Maryūinkōga Saigo no Tatakai
- Cat God
- Suite PreCure: Take it back! The Miraculous Melody that Connects Hearts!
- Humanity Has Declined
- (The) Prince of Tennis II
- Princess Tutu
- Ring ni Kakero 1: Shadow
- Saint Beast: Kouin Jojishi Tenshi Tan
- Senran Kagura
- Tokyo Majin
- Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou 2nd Act
- We Without Wings: Under the Innocent Sky
- "New Evangelion Films to Get PC Browser Game in 2012". Anime News Network. October 5, 2011. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Company Profile". Marvelous AQL Inc. Retrieved August 9, 2014.
- "Financial Highlights". Marvelous. Retrieved August 9, 2014.
- "History". Marvelous AQL Inc. Retrieved January 21, 2013.
- マーベラスエンターテイメントとAQインタラクティブ、ライブウェアが合併 新会社「マーベラスAQL」に
- Romano, Sal. "Marvelous AQL changing company name to Marvelous". Gematsu. Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- 当社子会社によるIndex Digital Media,Inc.（米国）のオンラインゲーム事業取得に関するお知らせ
- "Update On the PC Version of Skullgirls!". Marvelous AQL Inc. Retrieved January 30, 2013.
- "Marvelous Games RunBot". MAQL Europe Limited. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "Marvelous Games Eyes Attack". MAQL Europe Limited.