Mick Jackson (director)
October 4, 1943 |
|Occupation||Film director, television director, producer|
Mick Jackson (born 4 October 1943, Grays, England, United Kingdom) is a British film director and television producer. Between 1973 and 1987, Jackson directed many documentary and drama productions for BBC TV and Channel 4. Relocating to Hollywood, he directed feature films, including The Bodyguard starring Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston. In 2010, Jackson won an Emmy for Outstanding Directing for a Miniseries, Movie or a Dramatic Special for the dramatised biographical TV film Temple Grandin.
Television films directed by Jackson include:
- Connections (1978), a 10-part documentary series created with science historian James Burke
- The 1984 docufiction Threads, dramatising the aftermath of a nuclear war, with Karen Meagher and Reece Dinsdale.
- The 1987 docudrama Life Story, dramatising Watson and Crick's search for the structure of DNA with Jeff Goldblum and Tim Pigott-Smith
- The 1988 adaptation by Alan Plater of Chris Mullin's 1982 novel A Very British Coup, with Ray McAnally
- The 1995 docudrama Indictment: The McMartin Trial
- The 1999 adaptation of Mitch Albom's 1997 novel Tuesdays with Morrie, with Jack Lemmon
- The 2002 HBO film adaptation of Robert Wiener's non-fiction Live from Baghdad, with Michael Keaton and Helena Bonham Carter
- Covert One: The Hades Factor (2006), a CBS miniseries based on the novel by Robert Ludlum and Gayle Lynds
- Temple Grandin (2010), a HBO biography film, starring Claire Danes, Catherine O'Hara and Julia Ormond.
Theatrical films directed by Jackson include:
- The 1989 film Chattahoochee, with Gary Oldman and Dennis Hopper
- The 1991 film L.A. Story, with Steve Martin.
- The 1992 film The Bodyguard, starring Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner.
- The 1994 film Clean Slate, starring Dana Carvey and Valeria Golino.
- The 1997 film Volcano, with Tommy Lee Jones and Anne Heche.
- "Mick Jackson". The New York Times.
- "Threads (1984)". bfi screenonline.com. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- Harris, Will (May 5, 2010). "A Chat with Mick Jackson, director of Temple Grandin". premiumhollywood.com. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
|This article about a British film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|