Moreno Valley Mall
|Location||Moreno Valley, California|
|Address||22500 Town Circle, Suite 1206|
|No. of stores and services||140+|
|Total retail floor area||1,090,000 sq ft (101,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
In the early years competition for tenants divided prospects between competing developers. In September 1996 the City confirmed that lower than anticipated revenues would result in a shortfall estimated to extend the payback period of the $13m infrastructure loan to an estimated 2026 with the loan peaking at $19.5m. Also, the mall was then valued at $66 million, a far cry from its original valuation of $107 million.
Moreno Valley Mall directly contracts with the local Police Service as well as private security firm for security services.
- Gottschalks - Store closed due to company bankruptcy in 2009.
- May Company - Replaced with Robinson's-May in 1993.
- Robinsons-May - Replaced with Macy's.
- Glick, Shav (2006-02-15). "LEARNING CURVES; NASCAR used to open on the road course at Riverside". L.A. Times. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- Myers, David W. (1986-11-23). "2 Developers in Race for Sole Moreno Valley Mall Both Compete for Tenants to Build Project". L.A. Times. Retrieved 2008-01-05.
- "Riverside, Calif., Mall's Financial Woes Put Pinch on City Coffers", Knight RidderTribune, September 15, 1996
- "Patrol Division". www.moreno-valley.ca.us. Archived from the original on 2007-10-14. Retrieved 2007-12-18.