Movement for a Europe of Liberties and Democracy
|Movement for a Europe of Liberties and Democracy|
|President||Jacek Włosowicz (acting) (PL)|
|Headquarters||18 Rue Cler, 75007 Paris, France|
|European Parliament group||Europe of Freedom and Democracy|
|Political foundation||Foundation for a Europe of Liberties and Democracy|
|Politics of the European Union
The Movement for a Europe of Liberties and Democracy (French: Mouvement pour l'Europe des libertés et de la démocratie), abbreviated to MELD, is a political party at European level founded in 2011, composed of parties belonging to the Europe of Freedom and Democracy (EFD) group in the European Parliament, with the notable absence of the UK Independence Party, which is a member of the EFD, but not of the MELD. In 2012, it received a grant from the European Parliament of €621,482. Its affiliated political foundation is the Foundation for a Europe of Liberties and Democracy (FELD), which received a grant of €412,361. Both are headquartered at 18, rue Cler, in Paris, France. The president of the party is Niki Tzavela.
|Country||Party||European MPs||National MPs|
|Austria||Ewald Stadler (The Reform Conservatives)|
|Bulgaria||Slavi Binev (National Front for the Salvation of Bulgaria)|
|Belgium||Frank Vanhecke (independent)|
|France||Movement for France|
|Greece||Popular Orthodox Rally|
|Slovakia||Slovak National Party|
Former member parties
- Denmark Danish People's Party
- Finland Finns Party
- Italy Lega Nord
- Italy I Love Italy
- Lithuania Order and Justice
- Parties and Elections in Europe: The database about parliamentary elections and political parties in Europe, by Wolfram Nordsieck
- Political Structures Financing Unit (March 2012). "Grants from the European Parliament to political parties at European level 2004-2012" (PDF). European Parliament. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- Political Structures Financing Unit (March 2012). "Grants from the European Parliament to political foundations at European level 2008-2012" (PDF). European Parliament. Retrieved 26 August 2012.