Myriam P. Sarachik (born 1933 in Antwerp, Belgium) is an American physicist and recipient of the Buckley Prize in 2005. She is a Distinguished Professor of Physics at The City College of New York since 1995 and has taught there since 1964. In 2008 she was elected to the governing council of the National Academy of Sciences. She is an experimental condensed matter physicist. Her work consists of experimenting at low temperatures.
She was active in defending scientists' human rights as a member and chair of the Committee on the International Freedom of Scientists of the APS, a long-time member of the Human Rights of Scientists Committee of the New York Academy of Sciences, and a board member of the Committee of Concerned Scientists.
Sarachik has received the following honors:
- Member, National Academy of Sciences
- Fellow, American Physical Society
- Fellow, New York Academy of Sciences
- Recipient, 1995 NYC Mayor's Award for Excellence in Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences.
Throughout her career Sarachik has held the following positions:
- 1954-55 Research Assistant, IBM Watson Laboratories, Columbia University
- 1960-61 Research Associate, IBM Watson Laboratories, Columbia University; and Instructor, City College, City University of New York
- 1962-64 Member, Technical Staff, Bell Telephone Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ
- 1965-67 Assistant Professor, City College, City University of New York
- 1967-71 Associate Professor, City College, City University of New York
- 1971–present Professor, City College, City University of New York
- 1975-78 Executive Officer, CUNY Ph.D. Program in Physics
- 1995–present Distinguished Professor, City College, City University of New York
- "Sarachik, Myriam P". Contributions of 20th century women to physics. University of California Los Angeles. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "2005 Oliver E. Buckley Condensed Matter Physics Prize Recipient". APS Physics. American Physical Society.
- Simon, Ellis (19 February 2008). "CCNY Distinguished Professor Myriam P. Sarachik elected to governing council of National Academy of Sciences". CUNY Newswire (The City University of New York). Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "National Academy of Sciences Elects Treasurer and Councilors". Office of News and Public Information (The National Academies). 12 February 2008.
- Clark, W. Gilbert : Field Editor (Professor); Contributions of 20th Century Women (1997 - 2001). "Myriam P. Sarachik". CWP, UCLA, and UC Regents. Retrieved 2013-01-31.